Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Have had it since Christmas. It's always on me. Never feels like it though.

Spyderco Sage 2

20160614_150211.jpg
    20160614_150219.jpg

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I've only had a couple Striders. One really nice numbered RC a couple years ago was my favorite. But bills....etc. had to sell. Now I keep a Spyderco Southard in my civy wear and a Koenig Atrox Auto while on duty.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've only had a couple Striders. One really nice numbered RC a couple years ago was my favorite. But bills....etc. had to sell. Now I keep a Spyderco Southard in my civy wear and a Koenig Atrox Auto while on duty.

I had a few chances at getting an SJ-75s, even two brand spankin' new from Strider, but they were all variations that I didn't want. I told myself if I was going to drop the money on one, that I would get exactly what I wanted.

I started buying knives used, because you get a far greater value out of them when you buy them cheap. My daily carry knife is a 2012 Emerson CQC-8 I picked up for $100.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Nice. Thoughts ?

Both the presentation and lock side are flawless, the fit and finish is perfect, and the lockup is what you would expect from a $400 knife. No lock stick, lock rock, or any blade play at all. The lock bar sits a little centered, but I believe the SJ-75s was designed that way. It has a very strong detent and snaps closed with a loud click. It's very easy to open, even if you don't flick it open. This is my first Strider (used) and I can say the action feels similar to an Emerson. Which is fine with me, because I hate knives on bearings.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'll be using everyone possible to get more Barrel Aged Grand Reserve this year. I only got one on my ticket last year and regretted it.

It's good, but I'm never going to stand in a line for anything from Parish. There are too many readily available beers out there to get my hands on. I've already had Heady Topper, Lawson's Sip of Sunshine & Super Session #2, Prairie Bomb!/Birthday Bomb!/Pirate Bomb!, and Southern Prohibition BA "The Unnamed," BA Mississippi Fire Ant, & BA Ragana, all within the past few weeks. I'm a snob, and while I really enjoy Grand Reserve, I don't get excited about having to fight for it.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I just go to Grand Reserve day, get sloshed on all the variants, and pick up the stuff I preordered. Bomb is a staple, we need a BA Bomb. Gotta suffer through the IPAs all summer, though.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I just go to Grand Reserve day, get sloshed on all the variants, and pick up the stuff I preordered. Bomb is a staple, we need a BA Bomb. Gotta suffer through the IPAs all summer, though.

I don't mind "suffering" through the IPA's when they are good. If they canned Big DIPA, it would be perfect for the summer. Drinking GITM in the heat yesterday was miserable. Really any IPA in the heat is silly, but I'm not the kind of person to be drinking doody poo wheat beers.

Pirate Bomb is Bomb! aged in Rum barrels. I had one last night. I still have another Bomb! & Birthday Bomb sitting in the fridge.

13537753_10153718154195963_56309622690169181_n.jpg

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Been switching it up but the kids got me this Yellow Handle Case Trapper and so I have been packing it around when not carrying my 63032.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      257.6 KB · Views: 107
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      249.2 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member