Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    FX33B.jpg

I picked this little one up from Todd.

Nice item from a top blade guy.
    :bigok:

Knice knife tom! I'm emailing him now!

pecka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Montz
    I used to rotate between my two Gerbers. A F.A.S.T. draw and a Paraframe(which was a wedding give) I lost the Paraframe so now the FAST draw lives in my pocket or waist band. I have 4 children so I have murdered many barbie doll boxes, DVD wrappers, strings, tags remote control car boxes... I carry and use is so often my kids dont ask if I have my knife anymore. They simply say "Dad can you cut this with your knife" Like someone said earlier. I use it to cut ****. I do miss the Paraframe because it was very lite. When I wear athletic shorts I have to clip the FAST draw to my waist band.
    gerber.jpgParaframe.jpg

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Knice knife tom! I'm emailing him now!

Did you make contact? I have contacted him thru Blade.Forums and he has usually replied promptly. Search for _Davison_ and look for the threads with his fixed blade offers.

He has made a couple of other fixed blades and offered them in the $100-150 range.

He has moved back to Kosciusko, Miss., from Kansas.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    116_zpsfa8f4993.jpg

Not in my pocket yet, but one the way.

Lloyd slim line trapper in edge grain Westinghouse micarta.

Lloyds are a poor man's Davison, Ohta, etc.

Yes, I carry these.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    aqesusaq.jpg

My first pocket knife I ever bought about 6 or 7 years ago. It's a Gerber somethin-or-nother. Not sure what type of steel or what model number but it's been through alot and still locks up tight and is sharp enough to get the job done.

Sent from me my phone and I.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Did you make contact? I have contacted him thru Blade.Forums and he has usually replied promptly. Search for _Davison_ and look for the threads with his fixed blade offers.

He has made a couple of other fixed blades and offered them in the $100-150 range.

He has moved back to Kosciusko, Miss., from Kansas.

Yep I've been busy but I ordered one the next day and it came in on Tuesday! Ill post a pic later when I get some free time. It's definitely a quality knife and is insanely sharp. He seems like a stand up guy too.

One day I'd like to own one of his folders. They are a step up from my price range now though. :(

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Yep I've been busy but I ordered one the next day and it came in on Tuesday! Ill post a pic later when I get some free time. It's definitely a quality knife and is insanely sharp. He seems like a stand up guy too.

One day I'd like to own one of his folders. They are a step up from my price range now though. :(

That's why I buy Lloyds!

I have a couple of his folders and they are very nice.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    e8a5u9ah.jpg

T.A. Davidson :)

*edit* both pins in the scales are stainless. one looks blue because of the sky reflection :doh:

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Are you addicted?

I have a 'Zaan. I would probably get a Mnandi if I got another.

A little lol. I like the plain Janes though. I admit the graphics are pretty but the simplicity of the plain ones appeal to me. A mnandi is on my long list at the time, but I think a protech brend 3 with some nice wood scales is next on my list.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    A little lol. I like the plain Janes though. I admit the graphics are pretty but the simplicity of the plain ones appeal to me. A mnandi is on my long list at the time, but I think a protech brend 3 with some nice wood scales is next on my list.

The plain ones are more appealing to me, too.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    aqesusaq.jpg

My first pocket knife I ever bought about 6 or 7 years ago. It's a Gerber somethin-or-nother. Not sure what type of steel or what model number but it's been through alot and still locks up tight and is sharp enough to get the job done.

I've had 4 or 5 of those over the years. They don't hold an edge for crap, but you can't break 'em. Bought my first one after watching a guide in Wyoming skin a 400lb black bear with it... took 4 hours.

Just ordered my first Benchmade, a Mini-griptillian. First time I've ever spent more than $30 of a knife for myself. Looking forward to it.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The plain ones are more appealing to me, too.

Agreed I think the graphic ones are straight up cheezy. The inlays I can dig though.....

Beautiful small sebenzo by the way SVT.

My EDC knife.
    C1D60D8D-AEBE-4748-912B-8E5833DC3690-3614-000005C81E7C5749_zps935abe1f.jpg

CB1EFD06-737A-4F7D-AA52-D4D249E7AFC6-3614-000005C8252D401F_zps4270bd5b.jpg

Dig it man I have always wanted to carry a fixed blade just don't have the opportunity with the close I wear on a daily basis.

Last edited:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've had 4 or 5 of those over the years. They don't hold an edge for crap, but you can't break 'em. Bought my first one after watching a guide in Wyoming skin a 400lb black bear with it... took 4 hours.

Just ordered my first Benchmade, a Mini-griptillian. First time I've ever spent more than $30 of a knife for myself. Looking forward to it.

Haha! It's funny you say that. I have given up on getting it super sharp and just keep enough f an edge to open boxes and cut zip ties at one of my jobs. Enjoy the mini grip though. I don't have one yet but I hear they are one of if not the best edc knives.

Top Bottom