Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Nice boot or IWB carry. Case Coffin Boot Knife.
    ruqy9esu.jpg

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Got this Northfield White Owl this week. Got a little patina from cutting Tomatoes. Made the fob with rawhide a couple of wooden beads and a piece of antler.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Found these two today. A Kershaw 1620 Leek and Old Timer 80T. The Kershaw is going to take my S&W's place in my pocket and the Schrade is rusted up, so I'm probably going to clean it up and give it a nice edge.

uploadfromtaptalk1398467701248.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Found these two today. A Kershaw 1620 Leek and Old Timer 80T. The Kershaw is going to take my S&W's place in my pocket and the Schrade is rusted up, so I'm probably going to clean it up and give it a nice edge.

View attachment 49074

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

I got a 34OT in similar condition. Open it up, soak it in vinegar for 10-30 minutes, brass brush the rust off, rinse it well in cool water, oil it up, give it an edge. It'll have a good patina, it'll look like paw paw's knife and cut like nobody's business. These knives have a great heat treat.

I love those old American Made Schrades. They take a great edge. Heck, I had my Case 6375 in my pocket, but I'm going to go swap it out for the 8OT today myself.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    CRKT Pazoda. No pics cuz I'm posting from my phone, but I bought it a few weeks ago from My l
    Snap-On dealer at work. For 40 bucks this little bugar is sharp. Its shaving hair off my arms and very well made with a lifetime warranty. I love it.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks for the tip. I've never carried a knife without a clip, but it seems like a really nice little piece that I'd like to have around.

Just drop it in the pocket. I usually keep other things other than a handkerchief out of that pocket. In the event where I need to, I'll use a pocket slip or a handkerchief to wrap the knife it to protect it from keys and change from scratching it up. While clip knives are handy, there's something special about those old timey slip joints that force you to slow down a bit.

Top Bottom