Know why cops suck???????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Yes, it is truly "amazing" !

Well, it may not surprise you or I anymore, but the average person (rightfully) assumes someone tasked with enforcing the law would first be required to know and understand them.

What I think it really illustrates is that CC, permitted or otherwise, does not come up very often for most officers. For that matter, the same applies to non-violent gun crimes. Basically, when the typical local LEO deals with a firearm, it's been used and the illegality is clear cut.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Well, it may not surprise you or I anymore, but the average person (rightfully) assumes someone tasked with enforcing the law would first be required to know and understand them.

What I think it really illustrates is that CC, permitted or otherwise, does not come up very often for most officers. For that matter, the same applies to non-violent gun crimes. Basically, when the typical local LEO deals with a firearm, it's been used and the illegality is clear cut.

This is a very true statement.

I have been in LE for roughly 15 years. About 7 of those has been working traffic where LEO's have the highest probability of coming in contact with "good guys with guns". In the 15 years i have been inLE, I estimate that in traffic stops alone, i have probably pulled over close to 5000 cars. That is not counting other LE interactions. in those 5k stops, I have come across maybe 5 people who have notified me of a CHP, and one of those was the same guy twice.....(the infamous disassembly guy ;) )

However, I have probably made roughly 10-15 guns arrests from traffic stops, and most of those were either felons or also had drugs.

I believe the above is the major issue with why GG and LEO's butt heads. WHile most people are smart enough and realistic enough to know that LEO's could not possibly know all the laws, because we are gun guys, we expect them to know gun laws. The reality is that cops rarely, and I mean very rarely, ever encounter someone with a gun who would not also otherwise be going to jail for drugs, warrants, etc.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    It's not just the police doing it. It is the dumbing down of America. Promoting stupid people to position they do not deserve to be in. Diversity is all well and good on a level playing field. Another pathetic example of reverse discrimination. And minorities wonder why people thinks they are ignorant.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    in those 5k stops, I have come across maybe 5 people who have notified me of a CHP, and one of those was the same guy twice

In the several encounters I've had with LEOs since I got my CHP, all of them were surprised that I had a CHP and one EBR Sheriff's Deputy asked to see my CHP card just because he had never seen one before.

I'm not even sure who was more surprised - them, that I had a CHP, or me, that this surprised them.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    DAYTON -- The Dayton Police Department is lowering its testing standards for recruits.

It's a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says not enough African-Americans passed the exam. ... hence we need to lower the scores so that we can hire "less than smart" police officers, but at least they'll be black.

The competely irresponsible and utterly incompetent nature of a policy such as this is what is dragging this country further into the liberal cesspool of "forced equality"

And to think, many common people leave their safety in the hands of the police

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    buckwheat.jpg
    [/IMG]

Top Bottom