knoxx recoil solutions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    has anyone tried or know someone that has tried the knoxx specOps stock?
    http://www.knoxx.com/products/Knoxx_Products.php

their websight says it reduces felt recoil of heavy loads by 95%,thats a pretty bold claim/statement..i have a mossberg 590 with ghost sights,the only concern i have is,,from what i understand the stock flexes and you get a nice slap in the face if positioned wrong...but i shoot with a tight cheek weld using those ghost sights i would hate to loose that or have to change to elevated sights,,,but damn that 590 does kill on both ends..im use to it but if i could do a day full of rapid fire slug/buckshot and not have that shoulder bruise or have to loosen my shoulder after 15 or so shots,i like to give it a try.

do any other companys offer recoil reducing adjustable stocks??

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I put a few 16pellet 00B shells through a remington with one... didnt really notice a difference. Its still a shotgun. Maybe I needed a bit more evaluation, I dunno.

Mossbergs can be brutal with some ammo, I didnt realize until recently how much lighter than an 870 they are. Try the Winchester low recoil 00Buck, its a 9 pellet loadout that patterns very tight, but kicks like a dove load.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i think you'd be better off with a $20 slip on sims limbsaver recoil pad. you can pick 'em up at walmart.

my 870 wore one through a shotgun class and 500 or so rounds and 3 days later my shoulder felt as fine as it did before the start.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i think you'd be better off with a $20 slip on sims limbsaver recoil pad. you can pick 'em up at walmart.

my 870 wore one through a shotgun class and 500 or so rounds and 3 days later my shoulder felt as fine as it did before the start.

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    I spent the first day of the Awerbuck class with one on my Moss 590. I took it off and sold it after that first day.

With it installed on a 590, you can't get to the safety without contorting your hand around to run your thumb up to the safety.

Trust me, don't do it! Employ proper technique, and you'll tame that thing in a heartbeat ;)

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I bought a used one for my 870 and have had zero problems running her with it. Definitely noticable reduction of felt recoil when hammering 3" mag 1.5oz slugs! (at least to me;)) With lightweight 2.75" target loads, well my 8mm kicks harder.:p

Craig

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 23, 2007
    Denham Springs
    With it installed on a 590, you can't get to the safety without contorting your hand around to run your thumb up to the safety.
    Yup, I put a pistol grip stock on my 590 (with ghost ring too) and didn't really like it. It's hard to manipulate the safety with that stock.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I haven't tried the knoxx products. I did try GBUndersea's Mossy with a pistol grip. Compared to my 870 w/ standard wood stocks I found that the recoil was 'shared' by my hand, and arm muscles, as well as my shoulder. I don't know that I would want that for a full day class. I'd imagine fatigue would start to set in. For a few shots I'd say I preferred the pistol grip though.

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    im glad to hear from a couple 590 shooters(since thats what im working with) i wouldnt want to loose the ease of the safety...dont get me wrong the gun dosnt kick my ass all over the place,but i know without question after a full day of shooting i will be bruised ha,,,thanks spank ill def try the slip on..

xd45 did you have to change your shooting style to avoid "face slap"? or is that exagertated?

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    yea on the cabelos reviews people were complaining about "face slap" i wasnt sure what they ment but i took it as the stock flexing and slapping them in the face,.

from cabelos
    Review 3 for Knoxx SpecOps™ Adjustable Stocks
    Overall Rating: 3 out of 5

Not as useful as I thought it would be., August 4, 2008
    By gunman42782 from KY

"First, I am not knocking the quality of this stock. It seems to be a top notch product. However, I bought it for my Mossberg 500 with the idea of using it for a home defense weapon. Well, something I never thought about until I put the stock on, is now it is hard to get to the tang mounted safety. And, it is also very hard to get to the pump release too. What was always the best thing about the Mossberg, the position of the safety, is now a handicap. And, to top it all off, if you actually sight down the barrel like you would a usual shotgun, with your cheek tight and low on the stock, you will get a FACE WALLOP for sure! You got to kind of look over the barrel to avoid getting SMACKED IN THE FACE. Now, all that being said, I have figured the best way to use this gun now for self defense would be to take it off safe, pull the trigger on an empty chamber, fill the magazine tube, and then if you needed it you could just pump the action and be ready to go, without worrying about the safety or the pump release. The one I bought was the non-recoil reducing stock, and it has a pretty decent kick, worse than the factory stock. One last gripe. In order to field strip the gun now, you must remove the stock, as it covers the trigger pin."

Top Bottom