LA CCW - Military training certificate and no training required?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    As far as I can tell, if I send in my score sheet from the military, and am on active duty, I get my permit without taking the class.....comments?

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    As far as I can tell, if I send in my score sheet from the military, and am on active duty, I get my permit without taking the class.....comments?

Correct.

I would advise taking a class anyway to be familiar with laws. Make sure you send in a clear copy of your .mil ID

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    Don't worry...my wife is probably going to have a baby tomorrow...and I will have a new ACOG baby by next week! hard to explain to the wife the loves of the hobby!

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville

YES and if you feel that you can read the law information provided on te LSP site and understand it, go for it. That is exactly what I did! Anyone can tell you what they think you should do, but what you are asking is legal.
    No matter what you do, you will have to take a class at the time of renewal.
    I am on active duty as well and you are welcome to sit in on the legal portion of my class for free if you have any concerns.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    It pisses me off that I couldn't send my DD-214 for my past service like I did for Florida. I'm all for continuing training, but it saved me from an 8 hour course.

Top Bottom