LA files law stating Federal Gun Control Law will not be upheld

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Can't help but notice they made mention of the lovely Ms. Norton and her magnificent idea to save you from yourselves, as well. :thumbsup:

I'm sure the other lawmakers can count on her full support to get their pro-gun legislation going, seeing as she's such a staunch defender of our Second Amendment- just like our President.
    emot-rimshot.gif

DiggerP

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Here's a draft of the letter I'm sending... would appreciate comments and constructive criticism:

Dear Rep. Wilmott,

We have noticed three bills pre-filed in the House and we would like to inform you of our positions on these bills. We are active voters in your area.

HB4 - Re: Unlawful storage of a firearm.

We oppose this bill entirely. Our house, our castle, our rules. Guns don't jump up and shoot by themselves -- they are a TOOL for many purposes including defense. I hope they are never called upon for that duty but I do not want to be searching for keys and fumbling with government-mandated locks if that day ever comes. I refuse to be shot in the back because some legislator thinks they know more about what is safe in my home.

HB5 - Re: Prohibits enforcement of Federal restrictions re firearms.

We support this bill entirely. The Federal government has been overreaching for some time and it is reassuring that our great State is asserting our position as a free State.

HB6 - Re: Gun Free Zones on school property do not apply to off-duty law enforcement.

We oppose this bill. Since when does an off-duty officer deserve greater rights than any other law abiding citizen of this great State? Do they face different obstacles in their family lives than we do? Gun free zones are already an infringement on our God-given right to protect ourselves and our children. It is not up to the legislature to pick to whom these unalienable rights apply to -- they apply to us all.

We propose that you remove ALL gun-free zones for law abiding citizens.

Rep Wilmott, please know that we appreciate your representation of our interests in this area. We are watching the progress of these bills and informing our social circles accordingly.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    HB6 - Re: Gun Free Zones on school property do not apply to off-duty law enforcement.

We oppose this bill. Since when does an off-duty officer deserve greater rights than any other law abiding citizen of this great State? Do they face different obstacles in their family lives than we do? Gun free zones are already an infringement on our God-given right to protect ourselves and our children. It is not up to the legislature to pick to whom these unalienable rights apply to -- they apply to us all.

You mad bro?

God given rights? Really? God wrote the Constitution?

Please, don't be my voice.

JR1572

kooldoc70770

Louisiana Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    City of Central
    If there was never A firearm or magazine of any description sold to anyone again,It would not have any effect on someone crazy and irresponsible going on some sort of killing or shooting spree,(I think video games are more to blame than guns) If anything it will give them the green light in there eyes, the softer the target the better. In a nutshell guncontrol is a stupid idea, and anyone who is far it does not understand the problem period.This is about FREEDOM not GUNS

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    You mad bro?

JR1572

What make you think the constitution give us rights?

According to the Declaration of Independence, rights come from our creator.

Our government merely recognizes our God given rights.

http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/document/index.htm
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

They don't come from government or paper.
    ^This

d0pey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    What make you think the constitution give us rights?

According to the Declaration of Independence, rights come from our creator.

Our government merely recognizes our God given rights.

^This

The word "creator" could be negotiable as to what is being referred to.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The word "creator" could be negotiable as to what is being referred to.
    I agree - I'm an atheist, but anyone that argues with "God given rights" is either ignorant of the topic, or trying to pick a fight in a religious debate where it isn't appropriate.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    You mad bro?

JR1572

I support the off duty officer bill being allowed to carry. That is better than no one. I may be the minority here.... But crying because someone else was awarded something over me was never really my thing.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I agree - I'm an atheist, but anyone that argues with "God given rights" is either ignorant of the topic, or trying to pick a fight in a religious debate where it isn't appropriate.

I personally hate when people say god given rights. It seems like it is an avoidance of debate. Problem is a lot of people don't believe in a god, much less your god(I don't mean you obviously), and we have a separation of church and state here. We should be winning debates on merit, not on who can claim god as an ally, because the other side will try to claim the same.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Problem is a lot of people don't believe in a god, much less your god(I don't mean you obviously), and we have a separation of church and state here.
    No, problem is people who want to get off topic and can't solve the problem at hand, because they want to pick a fight on a different topic altogether. ;) People believe in God, cool. People don't, cool. Whatever driving force created you, whether it be natural order, divine intervention, or some higher unknown power, it's undeniable that our country is founded upon the generic "Creator" principle and that our rights are pre-existing, not to be trodden upon (to varying degree, outlined specifically by our framework) by government. Rights come from the natural order or deity, depending on beliefs. It doesn't matter what you believe in - rights are a sacred thing, not a government gift to be redefined or out-right taken back on command.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    No, problem is people who want to get off topic and can't solve the problem at hand, because they want to pick a fight on a different topic altogether. ;) People believe in God, cool. People don't, cool. Whatever driving force created you, whether it be natural order, divine intervention, or some higher unknown power, it's undeniable that our country is founded upon the generic "Creator" principle and that our rights are pre-existing, not to be trodden upon (to varying degree, outlined specifically by our framework) by government. Rights come from the natural order or deity, depending on beliefs. It doesn't matter what you believe in - rights are a sacred thing, not a government gift to be redefined or out-right taken back on command.

You're right on all counts, but how can you solve a problem with someone if they think their position is the will of god? You can't argue, debate, or reason with that.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    You're right on all counts, but how can you solve a problem with someone if they think their position is the will of god? You can't argue, debate, or reason with that.
    I don't get your position, here. People who say their rights are God-given are on the same side as I am... why would I bother arguing? There's no difference of opinion, so there's no debate to be had. Unless you're just looking for a fight, anyways.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom