LA Snake ID page

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I was trying to ID some snakes I saw on the bike trails last week using that page, noticed several of the pictures link to the same snake, they may need to update that a bit!

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was trying to ID some snakes I saw on the bike trails last week using that page, noticed several of the pictures link to the same snake, they may need to update that a bit!

That's because of the various color variations of the same snake. That's what makes identifying a snake from a picture so difficult. This link does a good job of showing the variations in color that a single species can exhibit.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    yeah those pictures are pretty good showing the color variations that are unique to louisiana, like our milk snakes have grey bands instead of yellowish ones. I'm the guy on back country and gravel roads who stops and gets the snake out of the road before the guy in the big lifted 4x4 behind me can run over them lol.....so if your that guy in the truck wanting to squish some reptiles, sorry for the inconvenience.

Top Bottom