Lack of activity in the camping section

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    my-rifle,

My wife was the same way so I bought a new 32ft. Class C motorhome last year. They'll get real cheap soon with the price of gas & diesel going up. The only thing I want for mine is a tow dolly to haul compact car around. I don't mind paying for the gas for the MH but I plan my trips carefully in an effort to keep cost down.

If you are really interested in this you can find lots of 1990s motorhomes for sale cheap (under $25,000) and with low mileage if you look around at classifieds etc. Prices seem to run anywhere from $8,000 to $30,000 depending on the seller and condition of MH.

Last edited:

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Wow Guy you are the Rollex campers I see some times, nice people, but I started camping in tents, with my young kids, in the 60's, both my kids still love to camp, they are both married and still love to go camping with old DAD, one is a Wildlife Biologist works for La. Dept of Wildlife and fisheries, she is in charge of all the osyster stuff in the Gulf and my other daughter is a Registered Nurse works at Childrens Hospital in New orleans, their is a lot to say about raising you kids in a outdoor situation...
    my-rifle,

My wife was the same way so I bought a new 32ft. Class C motorhome last year. They'll get real cheap soon with the price of gas & diesel going up. The only thing I want for mine is a tow dolly to haul compact car around. I don't mind paying for the gas for the MH but I plan my trips carefully in an effort to keep cost down.

If you are really interested in this you can find lots of 1990s motorhomes for sale cheap (under $25,000) and with low mileage if you look around at classifieds etc. Prices seem to run anywhere from $8,000 to $30,000 depending on the seller and condition of MH.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    Wow Guy you are the Rollex campers I see some times, nice people, but I started camping in tents, with my young kids, in the 60's, both my kids still love to camp, they are both married and still love to go camping with old DAD, one is a Wildlife Biologist works for La. Dept of Wildlife and fisheries, she is in charge of all the osyster stuff in the Gulf and my other daughter is a Registered Nurse works at Childrens Hospital in New orleans, their is a lot to say about raising you kids in a outdoor situation...

Rolex camper? Not hardly. You are absolutely right, there is a lot to be said about tent camping. I like it so much that my tent, sleeping bag etc. are in my back pack ready to go right now. I am planning to go gold prospecting in another month or two in Ga. Ala and possibly Tenn. & South Carolina. I have taken motorcycle to Baltimore and camped along the way.

I figure I'll probably drive MH up to gold areas and park so wife will be comfortable and then use it as a home base while using the tent if I run across a good spot to explore and prospect.

I am ready to go camping at just about any time provided I can get away. I am retired on disability and am waiting for liver transplant so most of what I do right now is centered around the disease and Oschners Hospital in New Orleans. But, I ain't dead yet and I do what I can it is just that my away time is often limited.

If you're interested in prospecting for gems and /or gold PM me and well work something out.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Never been gold prospecting... I used to go to ALA and TN to go backpacking and caving. I'm looking forward to a long trip or two in the next year. Back to Petit Jean, maybe to the Occoee for white water rafting again?

If all goes according to plan I'll pick up the trailer this weekend!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    New camper is home! I need to practice backing with a trailer- I am a bit rusty!

Very happy with the new trailer. Can't wait to go try it out. Some time this weekend I'll open it up and snap a few pics.
    Renegade, this does go in the camping section- its a tent on wheels, not a 5th wheeler!
    Storm, I know someone that had a liver transplant a few years back. He plays tennis a few times a week now and doesn't let it slow him down.

Top Bottom