Lake Charles - Positive Open Carry / LEO encounter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeffLAOCA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    West Monroe, LA
    I know you guys weren't thrilled with the second hand info, but this was an interesting story posted in our group this evening. Sure, I wish I could have been there and seen it with my own eyes, but I will have to settle for her version of what happened. She's a very nice young mother. I have no reason not to believe her story. As always, please feel free to investigate. Here is exactly, unedited, what she had to say:

"I had the oddest situation with a LEO ever the other day.

I babywear. That is, I use wraps and cloth and such to tie my 7 month old to my body so I'm completely hands free. When we're out and about, I also OC.

Well, the other day at the park, I was just walking the track and a LEO came up to me. He'd been watching me for a few minutes and I was readying myself for the typical questions but he completely surprised me.

LEO: I have a question for you.
    Me: Yes?
    LEO: Are you sure you could draw that weapon if needed wearing that baby where it is?
    Me: Well, sir, I have practiced, just in case I ever need to.
    LEO: That's good to know. Not enough women take care to even try to protect themselves with lethal force. It's good someone your age with a small child is prepared to.

I was completely floored."

-- End quote

Now, I hadn't really ever heard of baby-wearing in that manner, but we're marking this one down as a positive experience. Location: Prien Lake Park in Lake Charles

JeffLAOCA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    West Monroe, LA
    Your reply is Chuck Norris approved.

Attachments

• chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg
      chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg
      18.3 KB · Views: 60

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    At least this new local group(no joke intended, but after I typed it I had a chuckle) is reasonable, rational, and doesn't seem much like the last local group. Good to see an improvement in how OC is represented.

After reading the other thread I'm amazed at the stupidity of some of the people there, they seriously think that an officer is incapable of killing time by talking to people, showing a genuine interest or curiousity outside of his work, etc. They seriously see police officers as the enemy, not as people working. The first suggestion in that thread was horrible. It basically consisted of, people shouldn't be making conversation, next time be a bitch and that'll show 'em. Not hard to see why idiots have bad experiences and good people have good ones.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    At least this new local group(no joke intended, but after I typed it I had a chuckle) is reasonable, rational, and doesn't seem much like the last local group. Good to see an improvement in how OC is represented.

After reading the other thread I'm amazed at the stupidity of some of the people there, they seriously think that an officer is incapable of killing time by talking to people, showing a genuine interest or curiousity outside of his work, etc. They seriously see police officers as the enemy, not as people working. The first suggestion in that thread was horrible. It basically consisted of, people shouldn't be making conversation, next time be a bitch and that'll show 'em. Not hard to see why idiots have bad experiences and good people have good ones.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103550

This thread is interesting also.

JR1572

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Jeff, sounds like you have common sense. Stay away from that site before they corrupt you :)

MOTOR51

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I would agree with the guy on the LOCAL site if police where robots maybe? Cut and dry law enforcement blah blah but they are not. Many times you say hello and see the same officers day to day getting gas, groceries or whatever. Its always a good idea to be pleasant with them and have a little face time because they are people and people also remember faces, especially if that face is a total douche.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I would agree with the guy on the LOCAL site if police where robots maybe? Cut and dry law enforcement blah blah but they are not. Many times you say hello and see the same officers day to day getting gas, groceries or whatever. Its always a good idea to be pleasant with them and have a little face time because they are people and people also remember faces, especially if that face is a total douche.

That's not the local site, that's national open carry forums, though I've seen that level of dumbassery on LOCALs site, not to be confused with LAOCA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom