Laminate flooring

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikepizz

LA CHP INSTRUCTOR # 308
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Maurepas, LA
    hey boys and girls, any laminate flooring experts on this board. we are looking to install some in our bedroom. I open to suggestions on what brand is best for wear and what brand is easiest to install? thanks

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I ahve installed tons of pergo and mohawk. both very easy to install. And my dad has had the pergo in his house for almost 10yrs. and the only problem has been where water was spilled and not soaked up for a long time.

But for the cost it is pretty decent stuff.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    You looking to glue it down or floating floor???????

What kind of square footage, are you going to DIY, whats ur pattience level and skill to cut around corners?

:)

Dustin-R

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I have installed Shaw flooring.. I find it to be very durable..Lots of patience and take your time..leave 1/4 inch from walls for expansion etc. I personally snap the total length together then install a full run instead of one piece at a time I find it alot easier..Not very hard at all....

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I helped my son put some floating type down. The hardest part was getting the tongue and groove together Not hard for a for a do -it-your-selfer.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Then Pergo from Home Depot would probably be your best bet, buy the best base material that you can get even if it is not available at the same place, I have seen the one with the little balls tends to feel and work better than the one that looks like carpet.

It is very easy to install once you get into the rythm, also it is easier to do it in entire rows instead of one plank at the time, what I mean by this is click an entire row together which will only be the side to each other and then bring it as a row to click into what you had already layed down, depending on the size of the room you might need 2 or 3 people to help you do this but it flows much better and you wont have to fight it.

Also leave enough room on the edges for expansion and remember to stager your seems so they dont pop out.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    I am about to start 600 feet this week. If you want to save some time and headache get the right tools.
    They dont cost much for the tapping blocks and the special pry bar for when you get to the oppisite wall. The other thing to make it easier on you is to find a jamb saw. It beats the hell out of trying to notch around those door jambs.

Top Bottom