Landry's Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Dale, the owner, is a top notch guy to deal with. I have 3 transfers going through him right now. He is more interested in getting me the best price on what I want than trying to sell his own stock. One of the dealers I bought from in California had only sold a couple items to LA over the years, so Dale is explaining the process to him to make sure it happens as fast as possible.

I just wanted to post this to let everyone know that this is another great option we have for class 3.

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    California has class III dealers?

I believe that you can own AOWs and “Curio & Relic” SBSs/SBRs, without a state permit. However, if you want a MG, or a non-C&R SBS/SBR, then you need to get a permit from the California Department of Justice, which permits are very hard, if not impossible, for the average person to obtain. (I am not licensed to practice law in California, so this is offered for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon.)

airrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    The company is Allen Engineering and they make Ops Inc suppressors. They are based out of Browns Valley, CA. He has an FFL/SOT.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I know I have some people out there that have waited a long time to get items in and we are trying our best to get distributors and manufacturers off the stick and get your products to you. We're a small shop and with low overhead we can get everyone the best price because if you save some money, you can buy more ammo to shoot, or buy more suppressors. It's a win-win situation.

Also a shout out to Terry (Mouthpiece). I have referred a lot of people to him and recently saw one of his trusts. Now I'm not a lawyer, but looking over his work it just screams GUN TRUST. It reads far more rock solid than the 20 other trusts I have seen this past year. Give him a call if you are in one of those places that won't sign. Even if they remove the LEO signature from the Form 4, I'd still go with a Trust. It keeps your stuff in the hands of someone you trust when you're not here.

Back to our transfers... $100 for whatever you find. It doesn't matter if it is $250 suppressor or a $25K machine gun, the paperwork and the fee is the same. Find it and we're happy to get it in the state for you. We have a dedicated safe for just customer items, soon to be a second one - thanks to all your business. We complete all the paperwork and send out a packet with instructions sheet and even pay your postage back to us. We try to make it simple. If it is in stock, there is no transfer fee.

Now we are trying to keep items in stock, thereby reducing your wait time on transfers. As soon as I order a bunch of suppressors, list them as arriving soon on the website, someone snatches them up. I have a few more SRT 308 and 223 cans on order, a few sub gun cans from Bowers to use as a demo, 15 or so Huntertown Arms cans in 22, 223 and 7.62x39 on order and another group of Sparrows, Spectres and Warlocks. Those Sparrows fly off the shelves, no pun intended.

While I am giving credit to others out there, check out these distributors. I have dealt with them, they have items in stock and I can get a serial number in a day or two and start your paperwork while they transfer it to me:

http://www.autoweapons.com
    http://www.silencershop.com
    http://www.silencedamerica.com

Thanks again everyone!

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376
    http://www.landrysguns.com

Last edited:

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    Just got some more fun stuff in. The SWR Warlock II suppressors finally arrived. I can't believe I ordered this in late February and they are just showing up. SWR has a great video on the dis-assembly and re-assembly on YouTube. We're bundling a package deal price on these. $495 and that covers sales tax and the ATF NFA tax. One price and all you do is sign the forms and wait.

Lots of people have asked about the SWR Octane 9HD suppressor, and I have a distributor that has plenty in stock. These can be mounted to a rifle, pistol and even a 3 lug adapter is available. One can for many hosts gets you the best bang for your buck. Getting ready to order some more of these. They don't stay in stock long. Let us know and we'll put your name on one.

Also on order are the CAC9 and Vers9 suppressors from Bowers. These guys built tons of subgun cans over the years and now have a few new models all with their new adapter mounts. One suppressor that will fit nearly anything. Economically priced and the adapters are less than $50 each.

Keep shooting guys. Cooler weather is coming and I'm hoping to spend some time at the range soon.

Thanks
    Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-694-3376

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Hi Dale,
    Are you stocking suppressors from AWC and YHM at this time? I will be purchasing two - I want the Pilot and the M42000 - when I get back in La and want to get the paperwork done asap. I figure St mary sheriff will sign off on the form, no? thanks!

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    I think the St. Landry sheriff will sign. I have a customer in that parish right now getting a form 4 filled out. I have the older Pilot instock, not the new Pilot 2, and we can order the M4-2000. If you find it from one of the distributors out of state, we're happy to do the transfer for $100. I have lots of items coming in from http://www.autoweapons.com and I usually get a serial number the next day after an order is placed, so I can get paperwork out to you and have it ready to go to ATF as soon as we receive the suppressor.

Dale

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I think the St. Landry sheriff will sign. I have a customer in that parish right now getting a form 4 filled out. I have the older Pilot instock, not the new Pilot 2, and we can order the M4-2000. If you find it from one of the distributors out of state, we're happy to do the transfer for $100. I have lots of items coming in from http://www.autoweapons.com and I usually get a serial number the next day after an order is placed, so I can get paperwork out to you and have it ready to go to ATF as soon as we receive the suppressor.

Dale

Excellent sir, I'll come see you as soon as I get back home!

Top Bottom