Latest up date For CCW Permits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southern guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Rayne louisiana
    I mailed in my application on June 15th. I emailed them a couple times since and here is the latest response if anyone was wondering.

We are sorry for the delayed processing of your application. Recent events have increased the demand of concealed handgun permit applications to be submitted, which have exceeded the resources we have available to process them. Recently, more resources became available and we are currently addressing the backlog of processing the submitted applications. We cannot give an estimate at this time of when your application would be processed. Please be patient, we are working expeditiously as possible to process all applications we receive. We have not begun processing June applications at this time.

s3th

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Mandeville
    By mailing everything in you can expect to wait 6+ months. If you turn everything in by hand in Baton Rouge it will be one month or less.

OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula
    When we did ours and handed them & printed in BR it still took three months. Its best to just set back forget about it and check your mail.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    They just started on April applications?? This is ridiculous. My certification is going to be expired by the time they get to my application.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    They just started on April applications?? This is ridiculous. My certification is going to be expired by the time they get to my application.
    Attended class on 9/3.
    Online renewal application filed: 9/4
    Called on 10/3. Paid that same day
    Permit expired on 11/12 :rolleyes:

One day you are legal, the next day you aren't due to a government employee's work load. what a boat load of crap.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Attended class on 9/3.

One day you are legal, the next day you aren't due to a government employee's work load. what a boat load of crap.

You can file for a renewal "not more than 120 prior" to the expiration of your permit. Funny that they take longer than 120 days sometimes.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    You can file for a renewal "not more than 120 prior" to the expiration of your permit. Funny that they take longer than 120 days sometimes.

It's crazy to think renewals are going past the 120 days. My neighbor said he will just OC. If I fall into that category I will not OC lol.

Last edited:

OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula

I wouldn't worry a friend of mine was in the same situation as you with his certification and they seem to get those out in time.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    My application mailed in on 3/14/16 -- still waiting. 8-months so far....unless it's sitting in my mailbox today....

I didn't realize a lifetime CCW would take a lifetime to get!

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Attended class on 9/3.

Call them back.
    I called to check on my renewal that was sent in 30 days prior.
    They looked it up while I was in the phone with them and sent me a link to pay. Called back a few days later and they pulled it back up to confirm payment. Recieved it a few days later.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My permit expired 10-7-16
    Applied one line for renewal 9-12-16
    I called and talked to a nice lady 10-28-16, she submitted it with me on the phone.
    Still no word so I called today 11-16-16, another nice lady went ahead and approved me while I was on the phone with her, she said it'll be 2-3 weeks I should have it in the mail, it pays to call!

Top Bottom