Lawyer needed, OCer arrested in Monroe, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I received this in my email via the LOCAL online contact form. If anyone knows a layer in the Monroe area who could be recommended for this please pass on the info.

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
    Anastacio Duran Jr (edited) on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 18:04:24
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

realname: Anastacio Duran Jr

cell:

email:

question: My son who is 19 years old was carrying his 40mm on his side open carry and was arrested by Monroe Police for disturbing the peace and as of right now am not sure what other charges are pending. They told him he could not carry a open weapon but it is my understanding that 17 is legal but 18 is best. Can you give me the name of a lawyer that I may use to fight this charge. My wife and his wife was also arrested for disturbing the piece.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    This post contains every non-tactical reason Open Carry is an awful idea. Just for clarity; we have a married 19 year old carrying a gun, a father that has no idea what the law says and thinks its a suggestion, and is so ignorant about firearms that he thinks his son was carrying a 40mm. Does that about sum it up?

What did he do to catch his DTP charge?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Freeze mo fo!!

c43c13a2288dc13e5c51a04b07ea91ce.jpg

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I bet there is more to the story.

JR1572
    Yep, I found it.....
    Futher investigation finds there to be more to the story than we were lead to believe.
    SOURCE- http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/...ice-arrest-3-store-disturbance?nclick_check=1
    West Monroe police arrested three people Wednesday afternoon accused of causing a disturbance and drug possession.

Daniel Duran, 19, Tonya Duran, 48, and Taylor Talbert, 19, all of 4985 Louisiana 552, Downsville, were booked into Ouachita Correctional Center. Daniel was booked on charges of illegal carrying of weapons, simple possession of marijuana, disturbing the peace and trespassing, while Tonya and Talbert were each booked on charges of simple possession of marijuana, disturbing the peace and trespassing.

According to arrest affidavits, police were called to Walmart in reference to an armed person refusing to leave the store. When police arrived, they spoke to a manager, who said he asked Daniel Duran, who walked into the store armed, to leave because the employees and customers were frightened of him.

The reports stated the Durans and Talbert became angry and started shouting profanities at the manager after he asked them to leave.

After police arrived, they stopped the three when they tried to leave. Daniel Duran told police he was an "adult" and could carry a firearm anywhere he wanted. He claimed his father gave him the weapon.

Police said the three had the smell of suspected marijuana on them.

During a search of their vehicle, police found a loose suspected marijuana in the vehicle's glove compartment.

Bonds were $1,150 each.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Yale, thanks for posting a story about an OCer acting like an idiot and painting all of us as complete morons.

My favorite part of the story is the part when omission was used when telling their side of the story.

JR1572

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Look guys, I'm all for defending someone who was unjustly harrassed or arrested but this guy screwed up. LOCAL has been trying to educate others and lead by example since 2009. We have always told people to LEAVE when asked by store staff. We know there are nuts out there who are going to strap on a pistol and push their luck to see what they can get away with but there are plenty that are honestly trying to play by the rules. We get emails every week from people asking about various carry laws and restrictions. We always tell them to research for themselves and to contact a friendly progun laywer. We aren't giving legal advice and there may come a time when you have to call that laywer and take advantage of his services. The guy contacted us and base on his request we started looking for a lawyer to take his case. Then we found the article and the report tells a different story. If you are right then fine and we stand by you. If you are being a jackass, take your licks.

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    So when someone contacts local, the oc authority in this state apparently, is it policy to post the persons business and contact info on bayoushooter? Methinks a person could do that on their own.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    The guy contacted us and base on his request we started looking for a lawyer to take his case. Then we found the article and the report tells a different story. If you are right then fine and we stand by you. If you are being a jackass, take your licks.

Call me a jackass if you want, but shouldn't you try and confirm the story BEFORE trying to seek legal representation for somebody in a case like this? The original request alone has a few red flags in it that should have merited further investigation.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Look guys, I'm all for defending someone who was unjustly harrassed or arrested but this guy screwed up. LOCAL has been trying to educate others and lead by example since 2009. We have always told people to LEAVE when asked by store staff. We know there are nuts out there who are going to strap on a pistol and push their luck to see what they can get away with but there are plenty that are honestly trying to play by the rules. We get emails every week from people asking about various carry laws and restrictions. We always tell them to research for themselves and to contact a friendly progun laywer. We aren't giving legal advice and there may come a time when you have to call that laywer and take advantage of his services. The guy contacted us and base on his request we started looking for a lawyer to take his case. Then we found the article and the report tells a different story. If you are right then fine and we stand by you. If you are being a jackass, take your licks.

Hotsauce,

You have just learned a valuable lesson in journalism that even experienced writers at The Times Picayune still don't understand: ALWAYS VERIFY YOUR INFORMATION.

JR1572

Top Bottom