Lead D & J 45 acp bullets

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    Gentlemen,

I am relatively new to reloading 45 acp. I have loaded the Rocky Mountain Reloading 230 grain plated bullets with success. The fellow I bought the Lyman dies from also included 1000 lead 230 grain "D & J Hi Performance Match Grade Bullets". The bullets are from the year 2000 time frame. The box indicates that they have a diameter of .452". Since I have not loaded any unplated "lead" bullets yet, I started doing some research concerning their use. It appears the company, "D & J", was reputable until near the end of their existence and then started having quality problems with the dimensional aspect of their bullets. Has anyone who reads this thread have any experience with these bullets? If I do not hear anything negative, I plan on using my bullet/cartridge go no go gauge and if the bullets freely go through the gauge without any tightness or are not excessively loose, I will load a few of them to try. Any advice will be appreciated.

saint451

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Hammond
    Take your barrel out of your pistol that you will be using and make that the gauge. Make up a few, drop them in and see how the fit it. Nice clean "clink" and you are good to go. I use the barrel on one of my 45's, which has the tightest chamber and set my lee crimp die (lightly) if needed to chamber the lead rounds, then they fit in all my 45's. Hope this helps some.

Top Bottom