Legal Simulated Automatic Fire AR-15 / SlideFireSolutions.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The availability of the stock. Just because the ATF issues a letter doesn't mean anything. I'm willing to make a wager that this will be outlawed by the end of the year.

Do you guys remember the Atkins accelerator?

JR1572
    The Akins accelerator was a different situation.

The problem with the Accelerator case is that they sent ATF a defective prototype stock for the SKS.

During testing, some internal parts broke.
    ATF thought the couple of shot they fired was enough to determine the classification.

Akin started mass production.

~2 years later ATF got their hands on the Ruger 10/22 production model that performed differently than their received prototype.

Sauce:
    http://www.georgiapacking.org/docs/akins/Complaint_with_exhibits.pdf

:)

Last edited:

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

The problem with the Accelerator case is that they sent ATF a defective prototype stock for the SKS.

ATF thought the couple of shot they fired was enough to determine the classification.

~2 years later ATF got their hands on the Ruger 10/22 production model that performed differently than their received prototype.

Sauce:

The problem with the Atkins Accelerator was that it became popular. If this becomes popular, the ATF will look back into it and ban if they see fit.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Sauce:

I thought you gave a well spoken fact checked post.

Then you get this below quoting your well informed fact check post :mamoru:

The problem with the Atkins Accelerator was that it became popular. If this becomes popular, the ATF will look back into it and ban if they see fit.

Nice Duck! Stop being a party pooper dude! :mamoru:

Just joking ;)

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    If it wasn't so damned ugly I'd be more excited. If you didn't have to be pushing forward it would be swell. For three or four bills I would have to pass.

Makes me wanna try out that rubber band thing.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I really think that the key is "simulated Automatic Fire" really leads you down a road that this is going to be banned and you are going to be out the money you pay for this stock. Buy a nice stock for your semi auto and save some of the money you would have wasted on this.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I really think that the key is "simulated Automatic Fire" really leads you down a road that this is going to be banned and you are going to be out the money you pay for this stock. Buy a nice stock for your semi auto and save some of the money you would have wasted on this.

Of course it's easy to say and believe but he has a great point.

The ATF received and tested both prototype and production models. THEN issued a legally binding letter of approval for sale. The Akins did not go down like this so therefor should not be compared with it.

Contrary to popular belief Agencies like this can't just take back their decisions without some MAJOR Court Time.

The definition of Machinegun hasn't changed in quite some time. I don't look for them to change it to simply go after this particular accessory.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Of course it's easy to say and believe but he has a great point.

The ATF received and tested both prototype and production models. THEN issued a legally binding letter of approval for sale. The Akins did not go down like this so therefor should not be compared with it.

Contrary to popular belief Agencies like this can't just take back their decisions without some MAJOR Court Time.

The definition of Machinegun hasn't changed in quite some time. I don't look for them to change it to simply go after this particular accessory.

Just how much do you think that the "major court time" costs them?

IMHO, it is still a waste of money even if "legal". It looks like a $5 POS, and it just shows that the firearm was excessively abused, thus lowering the value.

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    I'd get one....if it would work on .22LR. Can't see getting one for something with more recoil. I like to hit what I'm shooting at. Just seems like you have no control since the whole weapon is moving.

Top Bottom