legal to kill bobcats in louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    bobcats like to harass turkey, that's quite evident from some of the tracks I've seen on my new deer lease, there's a monster turkey somewhere around that from the tracks it seems had a bobcat hot on it's trail. I won't hesitate to remove them from the lease, all they'll do is harass the game.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    never seen a bobcat, pretty sure I saw a fox down the street from my house the other day, that was a first in my area too. I didnt know we had any around.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I live 1 mile from LSU. We have Foxes, Coyotes, Wild Turkey(haven't seen any in about 5 years)...etc and used to have Deer, Bobcats, and even a Cougar when I was a kid. Baton Rouge has/used to have a lot of wildlife before the woods got torn down around here.

firesafety3

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Gonzales, Louisiana
    I've killed a bobcat each year that is has been legal with both shotgun and rifle. Predator management is important if you want turkeys on your property and insure the survival of your young deer.

Attached is a pic from a game camera (not mine) of a bobcat taking down a full grown doe.

There are many more bobcat than you think!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Charlie you are 100% right on that, its Coyotes or a Neighbor, both will make short work of a cat.

That's one reason I've been wanting a silencer for my .22! I don't let my dog roam the neighborhood. What gives cat owners the right to let their flea and tick carrying cats come on my property, scratch up my car, and use my garden for a latrine?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That's one reason I've been wanting a silencer for my .22! I don't let my dog roam the neighborhood. What gives cat owners the right to let their flea and tick carrying cats come on my property, scratch up my car, and use my garden for a latrine?

I hate cats.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

Well, amazing things happen when people get their animals fixed...they tend to not roam as much. Dogs and cats typically have much different instincts and habits, however, some people in my neighborhood let their dogs stay outside unleashed, they are good dogs, socially friendly, that do not roam around.

If I caught someone killing my cats terrible things would happen to them. :) That would probably make me snap and I would have fun gutting them and pissing on their corpse as I burned it in the middle of the woods.

That is pretty much on par with raping a baby in my eyes, they are innocent and cant stop your actions.

Someone would be a pretty huge piece of **** to kill a persons pet/animal for something non-life threatening without first talking to the owner.

Last edited:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Well, amazing things happen when people get their animals fixed...they tend to not roam as much. Dogs and cats typically have much different instincts and habits, however, some people in my neighborhood let their dogs stay outside unleashed, they are good dogs, socially friendly, that do not roam around.

If I caught someone killing my cats terrible things would happen to them. :) That would probably make me snap and I would have fun gutting them and pissing on their corpse as I burned it in the middle of the woods.

That is pretty much on par with raping a baby in my eyes, they are innocent and cant stop your actions.

Someone would be a pretty huge piece of **** to kill a persons pet/animal for something non-life threatening without first talking to the owner.

your cats are properly marked and i can read your name and contact infor from a few feet away? since i doubt your cat will let me pet it while it pisses on my car.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    My cat roams my yard.. But I dont think she leaves the yard..

Regardless .. Ive never seen a cat raise its leg... like the ******* dogs that my neighbors walk that **** on every vertical object they pass..

I have a gas meter a fire hydrant a tree and a stop sign in my yard.. and this stupid dog pisses on every one every day...

drives me crazy...:mad:

I keep telling my wife one day Im gonna go to that ladys yard and **** all over her flowerbed....:rofl:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    your cats are properly marked and i can read your name and contact infor from a few feet away? since i doubt your cat will let me pet it while it pisses on my car.

1 cat never leaves my yard unless its helping the other cats with a fox or feral cat in a neighbors yard.

1 of the others doesn't leave my yard unless he's visiting my neighbor who invites him in his house.

The last stays within 3 houses and doesn't jump on -any- cars.

They all prefer grass.

My cats have gone inside/outside as they please for the past 13 years, and the cats before them for 17 years. Never a complaint from neighbors, but many compliments. People will go out of their way on their walks to come visit my house because my cats are friendly.

And like I said, if someone would kill a neighbors family pet for non-life threatening actions they are a real piece of ****. I'll go so far as to say that they are cowards, pussies, and people of extremely poor character. :) They are people that I hope die and who I hope have no children, or children that will never breed.

Maybe I'm sensitive about it...

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I live in the country and got a live trap years ago just to see what I could catch in my woods. Caught more cats than anything else.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I really don't care what kind of domesticated animal pisses on my car, rose bushes, trees or garden. Just don't f%ck with my family or my friends. I keep all my stuff locked up & away from stray animals, so I don't have to worry about smell. A live wire around the garden does wonders for rabbits & other curious animals! :)

I have called neighbors and told them to come pick up their dog because it got out of their fence and my dog was going to kick it's ass, because he will play quite rough at times.

I never been a cat person, but I don't hate them or anything. I have always had dogs, and the type of dogs I have had, requires me to be a responsible dog owner and ALWAYS walk them on a leash unless they are being watched in the fenced in portion of the yard. I am an ambassador to the breeds I have owned, as it should be. They have always slept inside, crate trained, so I do not have to worry about them getting into trouble late at night while I am asleep.

Now squirrels & rats on the other hand are worthless in my area. They chew up the workshop, house & the wires. They destroy the plants & ruin all the premature pecans & fruit in the trees and **** all over in my home & attic. I do not like these rats one bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom