Leupold Scopes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAATG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    Despite the crappy organization of their website, I think that Leupold offers some of the most durable and wide variety of the scope companies. Another perk is that they are made in the USA.

Trijicon is another solid company though there are not as many different choices .

What is your favorite scope and why?

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    U.S. Optics.

• Their scope durability is truly second to none.
    • Not only are they made in the USA, but all of the components (including the glass) is American as well.
    • Each scope is built to spec and is fully custom.
    • The fit and finish is set up for "real" field conditions and features like the EREK system make adjustments positive and solid.
    • Available with options like an internal bubble level, dual-focal plane systems, and multiple illuminations are industry firsts.
    • Clarity of the optics is top tier and on par with S&B and Premier Heritage.
    • Customer service is of the highest priority and backed up by the owner.
    • A no questions asked lifetime warranty.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    U.S. Optics.
    • Their scope durability is truly second to none.
    • Not only are they made in the USA, but all of the components (including the glass) is American as well.
    • Each scope is built to spec and is fully custom.
    • The fit and finish is set up for "real" field conditions and features like the EREK system make adjustments positive and solid.
    • Available with options like an internal bubble level, dual-focal plane systems, and multiple illuminations are industry firsts.
    • Clarity of the optics is top tier and on par with S&B and Premier Heritage.
    • Customer service is of the highest priority and backed up by the owner.
    • A no questions asked lifetime warranty.

They start at 1300 buks...I'll have to have a bake sale or somehtin

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Zeiss is the best, but, very expensive.

I use Leupold rifle scopes and Zeiss binoculars.

The Leupolds are better than I am. And, I rarely actually shoot at anything any more; I just go to take the young folks.

leVieux

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    +1 for NF, the ones I have are made in the USA
    Tough as nails
    Accurate and repeatable adjustments
    Great glass, large choice of reticles and illumination on all scopes
    Compact and lite

camelspider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hammond
    Love zeiss!!! I don't mind leupold had some probs with their 10x in the stan though. They don't fare well at 14000-18000 ft in freezing cold weather my front optic area cracked(no idea why. Pressure and cold possibly?) While sittin on a mountain during a overwatch mission. On a side note, it didn't crack all the way across, and I still shot around sub 1 moa with the small crack in it. Two other scopes we had no one could zero them and apparently the intrnals were jacked up on them to where dialing it in was impossible as it wouldn't hold the alignment for us to be able to slip the rings. What I liked about the whole situation was the military said itd take 6 months to get working scopes back to us in afghanistan, where as our CO emailed leupold and let em know the situation and they had 2 new scopes sent out same day no questions asked.the busted ones eventually went back to tracom/tradoc whatever the name is. At the end of the deployment the CO shipped em a pic of my SKT team all geared up and the two scopes back to leupold. So great customer service from my point of view.

Bargain_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    nice customer support
    just curious, what were the models that you had issues with. Were they the tactical line; they are supposed to be more rugged

camelspider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hammond
    Not sure, we had the Leupold 3.5–10X scope unsure if it was the tact line or not as I dont follow closely on the leupold line of products much. If anyone wants some pics on the one I carried overseas I can gladly post em up. A interesting note, the rifle I carried was/is the same one carried by the navy seals at one point. It was originally a Navy M14 MK mod0. Just had a longer barrel put on it. And the marines use the same rifle just a different scope. They use a schmidt and bender M8541 Scout Sniper scope.(same one on their standard Long distance precision rifles)(believe its called the EMR-Enhanced Marine Rifle??..Armies is EBR(enhanced Battle Rifle). Another interesting note on the leupold we used, once torqued down and slipped, they rarely ever needed retorqued or rezeroed and rings slipped, even after riding in bumpy vehicles, and drag bagged which was interesting.

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    The following is with FFP Mil/Mil Tactical scopes in mind. Not to go shoot a deer at < 200 yards.

Schmidt & Bender - Great Glass, Great short range clarity for dry firing inside, wish they offered more reticals but the Gen 2 XR is awesome if you can find it.

Premier Heritage - Great Glass, Short range clairy could be better for dry firing inside, Ability to zero trurrets without tools is AWESOME!

Night Force - Decent Glass, Wide range of reticals, scope has large amount of Parallex and can cause accuracy issues if you are not aware of it and don't get the Parallex out before firing.

Vortex seems to have a good product but I have not personally owned or shot one only looked through some so I will not comment further.

Leupold - I like Mil / Mil scopes and there 0.05 Mil adjustments are stupid and Mil adjustments period only just came out. They are behind the curve in tactical optics. But they did make strides with the new Mark 4 AR.

Top Bottom