Liberty University to consider concealed weapons on campus

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgwalt1

Straight Edge
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It looks like Liberty University of Virginia is trying to live up to its name. Hopefully they will alow it.

http://www.newsadvance.com/lna/news...to_consider_concealed_weapons_on_campus/9251/

Liberty University will consider whether to allow concealed weapon permit holders to carry guns on campus at its next board of trustees meeting, Chancellor Jerry Falwell Jr. said Thursday.

Falwell said he decided to bring the matter before the board for discussion after a group of LU students requested it. The next board of trustees meeting is in March.

“We just have a group on campus that’s been promoting that idea, and I really don’t have a good feel for whether our community would support it or not,” Falwell said. “So I just decided to take it to the board.”

Currently the university does not allow those with concealed weapons permits to carry a gun on campus, he said.

The board of trustees has 38 members, including Falwell and his brother Jonathan. The body may not make a decision on the issue, Falwell said, but will at least consider it.

“I want to make sure that we look at it long and hard before we make a decision,” he said.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom