Litter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    Got up this morning, walked into the kitchen, poured a cup of coffee, walked over to a large window, looked out, and there it is, cans floating down the bayou. We have a beautiful state if only people would bag their garbage/litter and dispose of it the proper way. Whats just as bad is the cans and trash thrown in the bed of a truck, knowing that it's going to fly out some where down the road.

Please everybody "Don't Trash Louisiana" :mad:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Litter happens out here often, calling the parish is useless, they will eventually pick some up but mostly it falls to us.

Dam the litter bugs...I even caught people I know throwing out DP cans and stuff...it's just a can,... NO it's not just anything dikhead, It's litter and it ends up in my yard :redfinger:

Rant off

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Please everybody "Don't Trash Louisiana" :mad:

My favorite is the self involved human pieces of excrement that toss their cigarette butts out of their vehicles onto the streets. I see a pile of driving s**t do that at least once a day. And I don't care who you are, you are a trash bag if you are doing this!

Sadly enough, it is not done subconsciously by these vermin.:madfawk: They know damn well they are doing it. Would you stop already?

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    We had a house on Toledo Bend, beautiful place. The litter was really bad. Who was littering, fisherman, throwing the trash, ice bags, beer cartons etc. in their boat and driving down the road. I contacted the Sabine S.O. and within a couple of days the trash was removed by the prisoners. Two weeks later it was back. People that litter are just ignorant .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We had a house on Toledo Bend, beautiful place. The litter was really bad. Who was littering, fisherman, throwing the trash, ice bags, beer cartons etc. in their boat and driving down the road. I contacted the Sabine S.O. and within a couple of days the trash was removed by the prisoners. Two weeks later it was back. People that litter are just ignorant .

I see by your age you probably remember the days when this place (La), was cleaner than it is today. When I lived in N.O., we kind of didn't expect too much from the inhabitants down there. Then 15 years ago I started commuting to Baton Rouge everyday. I used to go home and tell the people in New Orleans how clean B.R. was. No trash on the I-10, the main thoroughfares always looked clean and manicured, etc. Really was a substantial difference than N.O./Met. Guess what?

It's over Johnny!

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    Down the bayou at a bridge, people gather to fish. Sitting on their white buckets, they drop their litter on the ground or into the water, shinner & ice bags, worm and cricket containers, cans and wine bottles . Last year I got tired of looking at the trash and picked up 8 large trash bags of garbage at this location.

My grandchildren love to ride on the pontoon boat and we have made a game out of picking up bottles etc. with dip-nets.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    This is a universal "Don't Give A ****" attitude. Yesterday morning, a fat D'bag in a truck with Missouri plates in front of me on the way to work rolled his window down and stuck his arm out to flap/shake his hand to dislodge the honeybun wrapper that was stuck to the vienna sausages protruding from his palm.:curse:
    Not only should it be perfectly legal to force them off the road and execute them on the spot, a person should be paid a bounty for doing so!!

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    We moved to the New Orleans area in 1966 from Texas because my father took a job here. I'll never forget my mother's first comment about the place as we were driving down the WB expressway for the first time. "Look at all the trash everywhere. This place is so dirty. Why do ppl throw their garbage out on the street?" Unfortunately it hasn't changed

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    This is a universal "Don't Give A ****" attitude. Yesterday morning, a fat D'bag in a truck with Missouri plates in front of me on the way to work rolled his window down and stuck his arm out to flap/shake his hand to dislodge the honeybun wrapper that was stuck to the vienna sausages protruding from his palm.:curse:
    Not only should it be perfectly legal to force them off the road and execute them on the spot, a person should be paid a bounty for doing so!!

Mmmm honey bun. But yes, I also think it should be legal to PIT these jacksphincters off the road, even though I've only see the maneuver performed on Cagney & Lacey.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We moved to the New Orleans area in 1966 from Texas because my father took a job here. I'll never forget my mother's first comment about the place as we were driving down the WB expressway for the first time. "Look at all the trash everywhere. This place is so dirty. Why do ppl throw their garbage out on the street?" Unfortunately it hasn't changed

Uh, that's the Westbank. They were dirtbags before I was born.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My grandchildren love to ride on the pontoon boat and we have made a game out of picking up bottles etc. with dip-nets.

So sad! How do you break it to the kids?

Teach them that when and if they ever run out of bottles the game is over! You know how competitive kids can be?

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Growing up, we threw many things overboard.

Then; I became a diver and got to see the undrwater mess that generations had created.

I don't throw anything overboard any more. We carry bags for our trash.

Live AND learn !

leVieux

p.s. Beer bottles are for INSIDE of buildings. Cans & cups are for outdoors. Crush them and take them HOME.

flatswitch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Living in New Orleans has me shaking my head at the litter each day. What possesses someone to throw a giant bag of half eaten mcdonalds trash on the sidewalk 8 feet from a trashcan, I'll never know. I see people dropping cups and bottles and bags of trash out their car windows at stop lights and it just drives me crazy. I live near a high school and all them kids just throw trash EVERYWHERE, i'd go out on the weekends when I first moved into this neighborhood and pick up the trash on my block and I'd fill huge black garbage bags every Sunday. Littering is one of my biggest pet peeves next to not using a turn signal (which is also notoriously rampant here in NO.) :mad::curse:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Growing up, we threw many things overboard.

Then; I became a diver and got to see the undrwater mess that generations had created.

I don't throw anything overboard any more. We carry bags for our trash.

Live AND learn !

leVieux

p.s. Beer bottles are for INSIDE of buildings. Cans & cups are for outdoors. Crush them and take them HOME.

When I skin dove around the Point and the lakefront, the bottles and the trash used to give me the heebie jeebies. I never wanted to touch the bottom. Ironically the Point was far dirtier under water than the actual lakefront. I guess the wave action on the seawall would displace the trash that I just knew was being thrown in there.

Under the Causeway was a treat too.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/news/33860

March 17, 2011 - The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) in conjunction with Keep Louisiana Beautiful (KLB) today, March 17, announced a new anti-littering slogan for the upcoming heightened enforcement for littering weekend this Friday through Sunday, March 18-20.
    The new slogan of "Pick It Up or Pay It Out" will be used extensively this weekend to raise awareness of the consequences of littering in Louisiana. Pick It Up or Pay It Out is a cooperative effort of law enforcement agencies in Louisiana including the LDWF Enforcement Division, Louisiana State Police, Louisiana's Sheriff's Association and other law enforcement agencies to implement zero tolerance litter policies in their jurisdictions with increased patrols this weekend. The Office of the Lieutenant Governor and Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles has also joined KLB in this new anti-littering campaign.
    "Every time someone drops a piece of paper on the ground, throws a cigarette butt out the window, or dumps trash on abandoned land, they are trashing Louisiana for all of us," said LDWF Secretary Robert Barham. "We all think that a little bit of trash here and there isn’t a big deal, but it adds up. We are blessed to live in a state with some of the world’s most phenomenal natural and wildlife resources. Protecting Sportsman's Paradise is essential to ensuring that future generations may continue to enjoy the great outdoors throughout our state. We all have the chance to do our part."
    In addition to citations and fines, Pick It Up or Pay It Out also wants to educate Louisianans of the indirect economic costs of littering including real estate devaluation, loss of new industry and business and loss of tourism and ecotourism, especially in "Sportsman's Paradise."
    "As I travel the state I continue to see trash along our Interstates, state highways and local roads. We are attempting to market Louisiana as an adventure travel destination, and we must become more aggressive in our efforts to combat this problem," Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne said. "We are a state of great natural beauty that should not be marred by carelessness and disregard."
    According to Keep Louisiana Beautiful, cleanup crews picked up an estimated 450,000 bags of trash in the state in 2004.
    KLB Director Leigh Harris states that, "Litter costs Louisiana taxpayers well over $40 million annually. With the help of Louisiana State Police, Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries, the Louisiana Sheriff's Association and the Lieutenant Governor's Office, we hope Louisiana citizens become even more aware of the legal consequences associated with littering."
    Littering in Louisiana can result in fines from $50 to $5,000. Those who litter can also expect to serve between four and 10 hours of community service, suspension of their driver's license for one year and even the possibility of jail time for up to 30 days. LDWF Enforcement Division agents issued 1,001 littering citations for fiscal year 2009-10 and logged 7,958 patrol hours for littering enforcement.
    LDWF also took over the state's 1-888-LITRBUG (1-888-548-7284) hotline last June. Citizens can call the hotline to report people that litter and littering sites to the department for further investigation. Since June 1, the Enforcement Division has received 731 calls.
    The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana's abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.louisiana.gov on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ldwffb or follow us on Twitter @LDWF.
    About Keep Louisiana Beautiful
    Keep Louisiana Beautiful is a volunteer-based service organization dedicated to a healthy and litter-free Louisiana. Through a network of affiliate communities statewide, KLB promotes its mission to educate Louisianans on the ecological and economic effects of littering. For more information, visit www.keeplouisianabeautiful.org. Find us on Facebook “Keep Louisiana Beautiful” and follow us on Twitter @keeplabeautiful.
    For more information, contact Adam Einck at 225-765-2465 or aeinck@wlf.la.gov.

Top Bottom