Lone Survivor screening

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/lone-s...es-strength-mark-wahlberg-navy-233718185.html

'“Lone Survivor,” which may be the best war movie since Kathryn Bigelow’s “The Hurt Locker”'- good grief, Hurt Locker sucked. Hopefully, as the article mentions Luttrell's threat to the director, Berg didn't "f" this up.

I'll probably still wait for it to show up at Red Box vice dealing with potentially noisy/annoying movie theater.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I have met Marcus and he is the real deal. Can't imagine that any movie would do his story justice, but I doubt that a mere movie could tell any story of true bravery in a way it deserves either. I just hope that the publicity helps his foundation. It is truly the real deal and quietly goes about actually making a real difference for our veterans and their families. Well worthy of a look. Never quit.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    The next one will be about Chris Kyle. That will be interesting to see if they keep it as real as possible.

I understand that Hollyweird must take some liberties with making a movie but I hope they do him justice and don't sully his reputation.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    hadn't heard about the Chris Kyle project: http://www.movies.com/movie-news/bradley-cooper-american-sniper/7821
    Nothing in Bradley Cooper's "filmography" on his IMDB page about the project but the above article makes it pretty clear the project is a go (with Spielberg directing).

I am not sure about IMDB but if you are on FB Chris Kyle's page has talked about it quite a few times. There was even some discussion about it. Taya (sp) has even wrote about it saying that Bradley had spent time with Chris and friends to make sure the movie would do justice to him.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Heard Glenn Beck this morning say that he had asked Marcus Luttrell if they got the movie right. Luttrell told Glenn that "it's exactly how I see it every night." So, let's hope for good things, even though I don't really need a movie since I read the book, but the movie will just be a damn good story. I thought the movie would open by the holidays but it looks like 10 Jan for wide release. Is that correct?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom