Long range AK Tech Specs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    E
    we didn't really do anything beyond our std planning and truing to the receiver . Yeah , it would have made the forarm mounting easier and helped in a couple other ways . But the "what if" was based upon our using the same gun we sell every day as the base

Thanks for filling us in on all these details. We appreciate getting this stuff that doesn't make it into the final show

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I understand the theory behind their editing decisions but that's not the same as being 100% on board with all of them . I think I'll let it go at that before they sue me On our side of the house , we're looking at producing video's showing the tech details and build focus of some of these projects .

Maybe they could just post those sort videos on the discovery website like other shows do in addendum to the on air show? A behind the scenes sort of thing. I know that I for one enjoy learning about the engineering of weapons a great deal. Otherwise you could just post the details on this forum. :)

Dave

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    I think I'd rather do those videos myself . Still , it's a conversation we'll be having with them . Will

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    I liked shooting it better , hated carrying it ;) I can't shoot good enough to get what either of them are capable of out of them .

There's an honest man. :)

Well if I get this saiga 308 off the board here, I'll let you do the mods to it as well. Generous, right?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Nothing wrong with trying it yourself! Just shoot it from behind a sandbag wall the first time... or nailed to a tree...

Will,

Why not do a 'for shooters' dvd? Don't make it for the general public, put in what this crowd would want to see.

BTW, how much of the improvement do you think was the trigger work vs the the rest of it?

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    BTW, how much of the improvement do you think was the trigger work vs the the rest of it?

I'm not Will, or an expert on AK-type rifles OR long range shooting...

But I'm guessing the majority of it was tightening up the tolerances and free floating the barrel, plus the addition of the Krieger barrel and several extra inches of tube.

Especially with the shooter he had behind the rifle, putting up that group. It's obviously easier with a better trigger, but I'd imagine with that guy's experience, he could have done the same thing with a pull as bad as a Sigma.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    You know, that last post gave me an idea for a pretty great challenge for Will and his team over at RJF.

Make a "Match Grade" Sigma. Or maybe just get the trigger to work...

Yes...good, no ammo, just throw the guns at an empty washtub nailed to the wall

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Nothing wrong with trying it yourself! Just shoot it from behind a sandbag wall the first time... or nailed to a tree...

Will,

Why not do a 'for shooters' dvd? Don't make it for the general public, put in what this crowd would want to see.

heh , you ain't seen BP's version..... :) We're talking about a series of "tech" dvd's , just can't figure out when we'd actually have time to do them . A good trigger always helps , consistency , I think , is the main thing . A stock trigger that's been polished a bit to smooth it out is about as good as any as long as you know exactly when it's going to "break"

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    I'm not Will, or an expert on AK-type rifles OR long range shooting...

But I'm guessing the majority of it was tightening up the tolerances and free floating the barrel, plus the addition of the Krieger barrel and several extra inches of tube.

Especially with the shooter he had behind the rifle, putting up that group. It's obviously easier with a better trigger, but I'd imagine with that guy's experience, he could have done the same thing with a pull as bad as a Sigma.
    That's about the size of it . No Sigma's :)

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    It'd be completely and utterly cost ineffective, but it'd be cool to say, "Hey-- we made this POS shoot like a dream!"

I'd get a kick out of it. :exnbp:

But I don't think it makes much business sense. :rofl:
    We might be doing somthing else with S&W , no sense pissing them off before hand :)

Top Bottom