Long time project finally finished

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    So a couple years ago (yes years) a young man who I met thru a church youth function approached me about helping him make a sword. So we got together here and there as our schedules allowed (sometimes 15 minute sessions etc) with some big gaps between and worked on it. I never tried something so big. Its about 32" long total. It was a huge challenge and learning experience for me and him both. We finally finished it this past weekend and I should have gotten more pics but we were so excited about hacking at some wood with it we kinda forgot lol. Anyway its 1/4" 1095 steel with a hollow grind and a w2 guard. The handle and case is oak with ebony and copper accents. Ill ask him to text me some more pics of everything and post more later for those interested. BTW this was all done free of any charge including material and Im glad I did it cause this young man has matured and grown so much over the past couple years and its been a great thing to witness.

Last edited:

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Yeah it hacks pretty well. We wanted something he could actually use and not just a wall hangar. We knew it wouldn't be as useful as a machete but a machete doesn't have the cool or fun factor of this. I regret not thinking to take a ton of pics. I was exhausted from a long weekend and guess just not thinking. My main thing in making this with him was to have him a part of every part of it. I wanted it to be somethign WE worked on together and not just me making one for him. He made some mistakes here and there (nothing major and easily fixefd) but he learned a lot (me too) and it came out nice and it will be something he remembers doing forever!

Top Bottom