Looking for a fencing contractor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Trying to get a fence put up in my backyard. Anybody know any good fencing contractors in the NOLA area?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Dishonored had a few examples of his fence work on here a while back.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

NORSEWOLF

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Hagan Fence in baton Rouge is good and have done a great job on 3 homes I have had involvement with.

Don't know if they no N.O. but they may have someone to recommend.

Good Luck

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Plaisance Fence Company --

https://www.facebook.com/PlaisanceFenceCompany/

They did my fence in 2000 -- My fence was the ONLY fence in my neighborhood (does not allow chain link) to hold up to Katrina except where a pecan tree fell through it. He used all Schedule 40 posts, 3 runners........it is now 16 years old and still going strong.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I would definately suggest making sure someones work stands the test of time my house and fences were completed in spring of 2009 and the fence has be falling apart for about to years. The runners are excessively bowed in multiple directions. The pickets are warppex like a cookie sheet stuck on the grill. It was all built with "yellow wood" and I think that my be a good name for it, because its running scared after not quite 7 1/2 years.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I would definately suggest making sure someones work stands the test of time my house and fences were completed in spring of 2009 and the fence has be falling apart for about to years. The runners are excessively bowed in multiple directions. The pickets are warppex like a cookie sheet stuck on the grill. It was all built with "yellow wood" and I think that my be a good name for it, because its running scared after not quite 7 1/2 years.

When Plaisance installed my fence many moons ago he explained that the runners are pressure treated and will experience some movement as they dry out from the process but it shouldn't be a lot of movement -- he also said that the pressure treated fence boards would bow a lot so I went with Cedar Fence boards -- they have held up well.

BTW - a good indication of a good fence contractor are those who put a metal sign on the completed project!!

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    When Plaisance installed my fence many moons ago he explained that the runners are pressure treated and will experience some movement as they dry out from the process but it shouldn't be a lot of movement -- he also said that the pressure treated fence boards would bow a lot so I went with Cedar Fence boards -- they have held up well.

BTW - a good indication of a good fence contractor are those who put a metal sign on the completed project!!

Thr runners have actually began rotting and splitting away from the nails that attached them. In the next year I will likely be replacing everything but the post. I may try cedar for the runners. I will also use deck screws to attach the runners and posts. And the guy did leave a sign so, you may be able to rule out those who don't but I wouldn't rely on it either. I will say at least he set his post to the right depth and I have seen much shotty work no doubt.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Three preassure treated runners secured to posts with deck screws and cedar boards is the way to go, do a few a year and never have any issues. As was mentioned, there always seems to be quite a few boards that need to be replaced with pressure treated boards due to warping.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Forsythe did 2 jobs for me. The first was a long time ago and was well done. The second was recent, after the old man who owned it had died. The work was still good, but the workers were a bit careless. They did not call before digging new post holes and damaged the phone lines. The fence came out fine, but the phone was out for awhile.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom