Looking for a tandem axle trailer with gate ramp

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robertn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Mill, SC
    Looking for a good condition or new tandem axle trailer around Alexandria, Lake Charles or Lafayette area. If you know the names of some dealers let me know and I'll give them a call to get pricing. Best deal I've found is a new top hat 16 ft pipe top trailer with a gate ramp taxes and perm tags for about $2050. I'll need to buy very soon because ill have bring my sons stuff to him at WAFB in Missouri. I've been looking on craigslist and bookoo but have not found a better deal yet.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Might I suggest that rather than a pipe top trailer with gate ramp, that you consider a drop-tail trailer with ramps? I went thru all kinds of searching several years ago and finally found what I wanted, at the best price, at Circle M trailers in Mansura LA. (255 Highway 1186, Mansura, LA 71350, (318) 964-5153). They don't have a web site so far as I can tell, but you can find them with Google Search. They manufacture the trailers rather than just distributing, and had the best prices.

I ultimately decided on an 18' car transporter, in that it could haul my tractor, regular loads of furniture/whatever that could be loaded from the side, the occasional car/truck, lawnmowers, firewood, pallet loads of whatever, logs, and give a lot more loading options. The pipe-top trailers sometimes limit your loading options, and if hauling a vehicle you generally cannot open the doors after the vehicle is loaded. Pipe-top trailers can sometimes be a little more difficult to add sides to. Car transporters are generally wider than pipe top trailer and give you more deck space for an equivalent length.

Of course, after a little experience with the trailer I had to mount a winch (swapped a pistol to a member here on BS for the winch), then build some removable sides to support larger/bulkier loads like furniture. If I recall correctly, the price was around $1900 which included the ramps and spare tire.

View attachment 50654 View attachment 50653 View attachment 50652 View attachment 50651 View attachment 50656

They also build other type trailers, all sizes, and can even customize for you.

Last edited:

Robertn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Mill, SC
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've been needing a larger trailer than my 5X8 so I'm using my son as a partial excuse to get one. I've thought a lot about getting a car hauler and have still been pricing them but I do prefer the ramp gate to load the ztr mower. Going to Moss Bluff to look at another trailer this weekend. It's a little more but has brakes and a fully wrapped tongue which the top hat didn't.

Top Bottom