Looking for internship at an Engineering/Drafting firm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sealthedeal

charliepapa jr.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I am 17 and I go to Dutchtown high school in Geismar, LA. I have scheduled to get off of school early to go work at a place that will help me become more prepared for my future career as an Engineer and possibly get my foot in the door with some of the local engineering companies. My "Area of Concentration" as they like to call it, is grounded in an Engineering or Drafting type field. I have little to no experience outside of the two years of classes I took to learn and use the Auto CADD software, but I can catch on quick and I make a mean cup of coffee. PM me for a copy of my resume or any unmentioned details. Any suggestions??

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Good luck. Unless you "know" someone, getting in without any experience or upper level education will be damn hard.

I'm a Junior in Engr, and every internship went to Seniors this summer.

I learned way more doing random jobs (welding, door framing, read building plans) than I ever would have at any of the internships.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you want to learn cad and really get ahead of your peers, go be a grunt at a machine shop that uses autocad or something similar, try to find a shop that does a lot of stuff for offshore work as most of it is one-off pieces. You may also want to familiarize yourself with Solidworks or AutoCad. Without being a senior, or ungodly outstanding junior, you DEFINATELY won't find a real internship.

uscbigdawg

One of the lucky few...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Shooters Paradise = Mesa, AZ
    As a former beta tester for Autodesk, engineering grad and ex-architectural project manager, if engineering is what you want to do, you should try to figure which direction you want to go...quickly. Engineering can be anything from machining, to civil, mechanical or electrical. If you simply want to draw, architects draw different than engineers, who draw different than machinists, inspite of using fairly similar (and often identical) software. If architectural engineering is what you're looking at, not only do need to be versed in AutoCAD, you really should learn Revit, all Adobe products and get a solid background in graphics.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Rich

Top Bottom