Looking for the perfect scope

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA. / Mobile, AL.
    I have a rifle being built from a Remington 700 action that will be mated to a Braughton barrell. This combination will then be married to a McMillian A5 stock with a Jewel trigger riding underneath. I do not have much experience with custom built rifles but to let you know what kind of gun we are talking about the barrell alone weights in at around 9.25 lbs. I am getting this built for the sheer fact that I can afford it at this time and I am not sure how much longer our friends in Washington will allow this rifle to be built. The rifle will be chambered in .300 win mag. The person building it promises that the gun will be able to shoot twice as far as my capabilities. I will end up with about $2500.00 in the rifle alone and would not want to get chinchy on the optics for this masterpiece. I would like to hear some opinions on long range shooting optics with the price range not exceeding the gun. OK, I am all ears!

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    U.S. Optics was my first choice, But I couldn't quite swing it. But I found a deal on Night Force 5.5X22.
    Leupold would be a distant third in my opinion. Looking at all three at the same time and clarity difference was quite noticable.
    Your spending the bucks on a high dollar rifle, do it justice with some really good glass. You wouldn't regret it.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Can't go wrong with Nightforce. 1000 yd. shooters are using the 12 x 42 x 56 or the 8 x 32 x 56. The 8 x 32 would be more versatile. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

Art

Last edited:
    Top Bottom