Looking for Wimbledon white 64.5-67 mustang for photo op

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    As title says. I have a 2015 mustang 50th anniversary in Wimbledon white. I'm seeking a 64.5-67 (only years they where painted that color) to take photos of with mine. Can be any body style (coupe, vert, fastback). Would prefer fastback but beggars can't be choosers. No charge to them and I'll provide copies of the photos also to them.

Any leads or help contacting someone with one would be appreciated.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Lucky you. I saw one of those 50th anniversary ones at Veterans Ford. Sweet.
    Glad you found one. Interested in how the shoot turns out.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Lucky you. I saw one of those 50th anniversary ones at Veterans Ford. Sweet.
    Glad you found one. Interested in how the shoot turns out.

Haha thanks man. I love mine. First car I bought ever that there wasn't some little bit of remorse.

I'll post pics here. Later this month we gonna get the old lady and the young one together to play.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Originally, Wimbledon White was used on the Mustangs till 1971. Then it was still used by Ford up until 1977 but not on Mustangs. The 2015 Wimbledon White is actually not the same exact paint as the original. It has a different paint code and likely uses a base coat clear coat.

Paint codes and original distribution shown here http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?color=Wimbledon

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Originally, Wimbledon White was used on the Mustangs till 1971. Then it was still used by Ford up until 1977 but not on Mustangs. The 2015 Wimbledon White is actually not the same exact paint as the original. It has a different paint code and likely uses a base coat clear coat.

Paint codes and original distribution shown here http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?color=Wimbledon

Thanks for the info!

I think the new WW is the exact same color, but the new code is a result of it being BCCC and original didn't. That's what has been stated anyway.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    SVT sorry for getting back so late. I was in Leeville/Fourchon and got home late last night. Yeah they changed the paint code from M to 9A in 1972 and used it till 73 on the Mustangs..those two years they just called it "White" but had the same formula numbers as the earlier models Wimbledon White. Easiest thing to do is find something like a PPG/Ditzler or DuPont number and cross-reference if you wanted to go through the trouble. Like Highstandard said, they used it on all kinds of different models and trucks too IIRC. Was very popular. And yes, yours will be clear coated while the earlier ones were single stage paints with no clear. I don't know of anybody who has an early first generation body with that color. Hope you find one but if you don't, you are welcome to use mine for the shoot.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    SVT sorry for getting back so late. I was in Leeville/Fourchon and got home late last night. Yeah they changed the paint code from M to 9A in 1972 and used it till 73 on the Mustangs..those two years they just called it "White" but had the same formula numbers as the earlier models Wimbledon White. Easiest thing to do is find something like a PPG/Ditzler or DuPont number and cross-reference if you wanted to go through the trouble. Like Highstandard said, they used it on all kinds of different models and trucks too IIRC. Was very popular. And yes, yours will be clear coated while the earlier ones were single stage paints with no clear. I don't know of anybody who has an early first generation body with that color. Hope you find one but if you don't, you are welcome to use mine for the shoot.

I found a 67 coupe in WW up in Watson. All original car. Actually a friend of mine has it and I never knew. Imagine that lol

Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    Very cool to have an opportunity to own the 1st and 50th production year Mustang!!! We have a couple sn95's, an '05 GT and are looking to add a SVT Lightning to the stable.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Very cool to have an opportunity to own the 1st and 50th production year Mustang!!! We have a couple sn95's, an '05 GT and are looking to add a SVT Lightning to the stable.

I don't have a 1st year one. While I love the classics, it's just not for me.

Nice collection. Had a all of those you list including the Lightning. All are fun in their own way.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Not yet. I got busy with life and work and haven't gotten around to getting with him yet.

Delayed but definitely not forgotten.

please make it happen. I need a new bayoushooter vehicle for my screensaver. tired of staring at alpines jeep - irritates the hell out of me

Top Bottom