Looking to build my first AR.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I talked to Jason on the phone, seems like a good guy. Jason, I'll be in touch. I think the PSA is the MUCH better deal compared to the delton. The gun will be mostly reserved for plinking and target shooting inside of 100yds. I might stretch it but it wont be a common occurance. The chrome lined barrel on the PSA with its longevity, the auto bcg, and the ball peening (thanks Jason for explaining what that is :hi5:) are all the factors that have influenced my decision toward the PSA. As far as the lower, I'm not as convinced. Though a matching set would be more pleasing on the eyes I'm not sure that the function would be hindered any by going with the New Frontier arms lower. The jury is still out though. I'm still open to ideas. Refund check should be in from Uncle Sam soon.

br549

totin'
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Don't worry too much about lower aesthetics. Find a good lower at the best price you can find, and put a quality LPK in it and go shoot. I just finished an LRB lower last night which I picked up from a member on here. Ordered a Stag LPK (first time I had tried a Stag product) for $66 and so far I'm very impressed with the way it went together, and the trigger is rather nice for stock trigger. New Frontier lower is ok I hear too, but I do not have any experience with one.

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. I'm waiting on my Uncle Sam check to get the upper from Jason. going to order the lower probably on the same day. Hoepfully I'll be ready to rock

Last edited:
    Top Bottom