looking to buy a pistol for my girfriend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    My wife tried out all my pistols, and some from friends as well. The tryouts included a Sig p226, Beretta 92, (double stacks), Ruger MK-III (.22), S&W medium and small frame revolvers in both .38/357 and .32, a Kel-Tec PF9 single stack 9mm, a mid size single stack .32 auto, and even a .22 Mag over/under derringer. She ultimately chose a 1911 style .45 auto. Said it fit her hands and was comfortable to shoot, and was "pretty". That's the one I'm trying to find another set of grips for at (photo):

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?70336-Where-can-I-find...Colt-Pachmayr-1911-Wrap-around-Grips

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Well she chose the walther pps

I don't blame her. I have a love/hate relationship with it. It's the single stack everyone and their mother wants Glock to produce with one huge caveat --- the mag release. She needs to be EXCEEDINGLY careful with the mag release. The release extends in front of the trigger on the trigger guard. That puts your trigger finger ENTIRELY too close to the trigger when doing mag changes. And, unfortunately, due to where the pivot is on the lever, it is necessary and much easier to press the release at the very end to gain leverage (i.e., it is not anything like the properly designed HK release that's located at the rear of the trigger guard).

Walther really screwed the pooch on that.

Last edited:

Hevi-shot

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2011
    Denham Springs
    The woman who has never allowed perception to cause her to disregard reality doesn't draw breath... never has.

LSP- that freaking line had me rolling. Well put. I can't say that I'm innocent either though...

Top Bottom