Looking to buy some land in the Covington area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Tried Craigslist and not much on there. Did some Google searches and there's so many websites I can't tell if some of it is real or not. Looks like most of the sites want you to pay to get access to the info.

Just looking for a half acre to an acre to put a trailer on to live on the cheap for a few years while I save up. Any advice?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I was looking there but you run across things that don't make sense

Like this - http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Second-St_Louisiana_LA_70471_M83188-44369?row=3

I doubt that is really only $1250 or am I missing something?

Did you see this in the listing? "Single lot overlooked in previous sales - contiguous lot rule probably applicable"

Not sure exactly what that contiguous lot rule is.

Why not rent while you save money? Unless you're looking for the property to build on as well.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Gotcha. I guess I missed that about the listing. I'll keep looking around. I'm tired of renting and throwing money away. Besides the cheapest I can find in the area is $700-800 / month. I figure after a couple years the trailer/property will be paid off and it will be more money saved.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Gotcha. I guess I missed that about the listing. I'll keep looking around. I'm tired of renting and throwing money away. Besides the cheapest I can find in the area is $700-800 / month. I figure after a couple years the trailer/property will be paid off and it will be more money saved.

If you look into foreclosed/distressed properties, its not uncommon to find mobile homes on 1/4 acre plots for under $10k. good luck.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Unless you are looking for an insanely huge or fancy house. You can get a home and pay a mortgage for $7-800/mo.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Not sure where you work but you can pick up a condo in the Mandeville area for $70s. Condo fees are pretty reasonable and include insurance in some cases. Quite a few near the causeway. Not sure where you work. Your note would be really low and you can rent them for $800+ when you're ready to move on.

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Trulia is what I have been looking with. Looking at land in the bush area. I wanna stay away from all the water when I start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Stay away from land adjacent to the Primate Research Center in Covington. Some virus they were testing for use as biological warfare weapons got loose and infected a bunch of chimps....there is no cure and it can be passed ....I saw a movie about this on the sci-fi channel and the ending wasn't good. For the people or the monkies!

Top Bottom