Looking to expand my collection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    i'm looking to start expanding my collection into the C&R realm. i've got all the tacti-k00l AR's and crap that i want but lately i've been really looking at C&R stuffs. does anyone have any links to sites that would be useful in my collection ventures or maybe books that would be useful as far as prices, what came on the originals etc. i've noticed some substantial price differences when i was looking at the 1866 winchesters so theres got to be something that demands 25k vs 2k that im missing. any insight you C&R gurus can give i would appreciate!

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    C&R ollecting can be fun and you can get stared withoutavng to put out bi buck. Or yu cn go fo the top end stff ad spend lost of money.
    Firt off is to do your homework. Go to a few of the surplus weapon forums to get some info. Be careful at some of them. Some are not too friedly to the new guys. I am a MOD at SRF surplusrifleforum.com . The memers there are real nice and will help you.
    http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/index.php

Last edited:

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    You mentioned the 1866 Winchester. I have a friend with an 1892 Winchester in .38-40 she'd like to sell. She and the rifle are in Metairie so, being in Thibodaux I don't have photos to offer, but it's a clean rifle with a full length (24"?) octagon barrel and crescent buttplate. Wood's in good condition, no cracks or breaks. Metal finish is worn and patinaed, bore is very good. Mechanically it's in excellent condition. It's been used and well cared for through the years. I considered buying it ... just can't bring myself to spend the money
    ($1,300). But looking at the online auction sites, her price seems to be in line. Let me know if it piques your interest.

Last edited:

latour50

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Get a Curio and Relic Federal Firearms License. It allows you to purchase C&R classified guns for the purposes of collecting and have them shipped directly to you instead of an FFL dealer. It's real easy to get. I believe there is a thread on this forum that explains it pretty well. It will cost you $30 and is good for three years.

Good luck and have fun.

Latour

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    FYI, any gun made before 1898 is not a "gun" by ATF standards, and so it can be purchased without a license. It can be shipped to your front door, and you don't have to present anything saying it's OK to do so. Unless you're a felon or dishonorably discharged or you renounced your US citizenship.

FloridaFialaFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm parting with my C&R collectibles due to old age and ill health. Offering them at auction on GB in case you're interested. Just look for my seller name, Shansei45. Got over a hundred to list. Only about 3 or 4 on there right now.

Mine are MOSTLY .22rf single-shot, long and short, made in US and/or Canada. Check 'em out.

Here's a sample: COLT CAMP PERRY, 2nd MODEL, only 400 to 450 made in this barrel length. 1920-1941. With Colt factory letter. Shipped 1934.

COLTCAMPPERRYWITHLETTER003_edited.jpg

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm parting with my C&R collectibles due to old age and ill health. Offering them at auction on GB in case you're interested. Just look for my seller name, Shansei45. Got over a hundred to list. Only about 3 or 4 on there right now.

Mine are MOSTLY .22rf single-shot, long and short, made in US and/or Canada. Check 'em out.

Here's a sample: COLT CAMP PERRY, 2nd MODEL, only 400 to 450 made in this barrel length. 1920-1941. With Colt factory letter. Shipped 1934.

COLTCAMPPERRYWITHLETTER003_edited.jpg

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF

Say it ain't so :wtc:

FloridaFialaFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's another example. One you don't see every day!

HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON HANDY GUN, .22rf LR, serial number 226. Highest sn reported in gun guides says 225 observed! (?)

HandRHANDYGUN22rf003_edited.jpg

When I bought this one I was NOT aware that the Handy Gun came in anything but smoothbore. It was a shock to learn they also made a few with rifled barrels.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    C&R ollecting can be fun and you can get stared withoutavng to put out bi buck. Or yu cn go fo the top end stff ad spend lost of money.
    Firt off is to do your homework. Go to a few of the surplus weapon forums to get some info. Be careful at some of them. Some are not too friedly to the new guys. I am a MOD at SRF surplusrifleforum.com . The memers there are real nice and will help you.
    http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/index.php

Do NOT listen to this man! If you do you will end up with a room full of beautiful old guns and no regrets.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom