losing weight, new cc gun coming soon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    so I've been successfully losing weight (about 10 lbs and a couple inches) over the past few months. People are starting to take notice. That's nice, but what I'm starting to notice is that my gun (sw99 .40) seems to be more noticeable, at least to me. So I'm gonna start seriously looking for something with a smaller grip. I'm leaning toward an sr9c for a few reasons.

Anyonelse had to downsize because of slimming up?

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Keep your pistol.

You are the only one to notice.

We did a little experiment a few years ago to see who would notice what.

You would be astounded at what folks won't notice, unless it is attached to a cute girl's butt.

leVieux

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    I think your right. I was working outside all day on Saturday and left to go to the store to get something and I had on a t-shirt. I had to be at the store and waiting at the counter for quite some time and I had my 1911 at 3:00 and I had that feeling like "there is no way people aren't seeing this thing printing." When I cc with the 1911 I usually dress differently than just a t-shirt. Anyhow, no one in that place seemed to notice a thing and to me it was sooo obvious. So yeah, I don't think people notice as much as we think they do.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    thanks for the input. Fyi I'm 5'10, 212, about a 36-38 inch waist. I would like a new holster. I'm sure that's a cheaper option than a new pistol.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    +1 to everything LSP said, as I basically fit that exact model.

6', 155 pounds, 32" waist but broad shoulders. I carry a M&P 45 OWB at 3 o'clock under a t-shirt, and never have an issue-- due in no small part to the forward cant of the holster, as he pointed out. The sharp edge of the butt is the only concern, and while it can print when I'm twisting or bending at funny angles, 90% of my range of motion keeps it concealed.

To top it all off, leVieux also makes a great point. People that know I carry (but apparently not that I carry ALL of the time) are surprised in the rare instances where I take it off in their presence, they hug me and feel it, etc. Those that are entirely aware of its presence have never made any comment about it being obvious or exposed, and trust me when I tell you-- they wouldn't hold anything back. I have however heard numerous remarks about how surprised someone is at the sheer size of the thing, and how well hidden it truly is.

You may need to readdress your holster options and/or method of carry, and I'd definitely look into that before going with a completely new (and more compact) pistol. Given, there's a ton of middle ground between huge guys and skinny guys, which would logically limit your options. But I doubt shedding a few pounds should cause you any real problems.

Of course, it's a great excuse to buy another pistol-- just in case. ;)

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I think your right. I was working outside all day on Saturday and left to go to the store to get something and I had on a t-shirt. I had to be at the store and waiting at the counter for quite some time and I had my 1911 at 3:00 and I had that feeling like "there is no way people aren't seeing this thing printing." When I cc with the 1911 I usually dress differently than just a t-shirt. Anyhow, no one in that place seemed to notice a thing and to me it was sooo obvious. So yeah, I don't think people notice as much as we think they do.

1268142808_dude_is_packin.gif

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Dude, people barely notice even when I OC. Don't sweat a little bump in your shirt. Carry what you're comfortable with.

Top Bottom