Louisiana Expungements do not allow firearm ownership according to NICS/FBI/DOJ

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    No you should be outraged by the plight of someones rights being taken away. Dont forget the state actually says that we have had our rights restored. The FEDs have taken them away because we are being denied a privilege, a CHP.
    If you dont think this is just a stepping stone then that is your opinion. Cant argue that one way or the other. I will say if you think that the government is "looking out" for anyone but themselves that our opinions differ greatly.
    Louisiana already restricts certain people for a certain amount of time. They do this with 14:95.1.
    I as many others would just like my rights back that the state has given me.

LOL. Ok. My rights are just fine over here.

So what were you convicted of?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    No you should be outraged by the plight of someones rights being taken away. Dont forget the state actually says that we have had our rights restored. The FEDs have taken them away because we are being denied a privilege, a CHP.
    If you dont think this is just a stepping stone then that is your opinion. Cant argue that one way or the other. I will say if you think that the government is "looking out" for anyone but themselves that our opinions differ greatly.
    Louisiana already restricts certain people for a certain amount of time. They do this with 14:95.1.
    I as many others would just like my rights back that the state has given me.

I think his viewpoint is that rights are restricted as a result of crimes being committed. This is no different. It is a bit of a strange way of it happening, but I can't help but think it falls under play stupid games win stupid prizes. Personally, I don't think anyone should have their rights restored without them making their victim's whole.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I think his viewpoint is that rights are restricted as a result of crimes being committed. This is no different. It is a bit of a strange way of it happening, but I can't help but think it falls under play stupid games win stupid prizes. Personally, I don't think anyone should have their rights restored without them making their victim's whole.

Exactly. Somebody, somewhere has been victimized by those in this thread crying about not being able to buy guns. sorry not sorry.

You guys on this board (the entire membership) better think hard about who you are selling guns to on this site with the apparent horde of felons amongst us looking to buy guns.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Exactly. Somebody, somewhere has been victimized by those in this thread crying about not being able to buy guns. sorry not sorry.

You guys on this board (the entire membership) better think hard about who you are selling guns to on this site with the apparent horde of felons amongst us looking to buy guns.[/

I am amazed at the audacity of some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    Haughton la
    Felony DWI was my conviction. Not proud of it but it is what it is. I know most of the opinions on this. I had no victim except the state which I paid my debt to. Never had a accident in my life. At the time I got off parole I was given a first offender pardon. All of my rights were restored including firearm rights. That was over 20 years ago. I have only had one ticket since then. Now fast forward to last year. All of a sudden the Feds decide that I can not have my firearms rights. Now I dont know how you see it but I see that as a stepping stone for them. I am not crying over anything that they have done. I can live without my firearms although I would rather not.

My question is when they decide that something you have done in the past was bad enough for you to now loose a right that has nothing to do with what you did how will you take it?

As far a selling firearms no need to worry about me I will not possess one until and if this is resolved.

Not saying all felons are angels but there should be a limit to how long they can be penalized.

Last edited:

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    LOL. Ok. My rights are just fine over here.

So what were you convicted of?

Ok today its my rights, tomorrow its yours (M855). As I recall your rights were not safe after Sandy Hook. A crime which you had nothing to do with, but you ran the risk of loosing your 2nd Amendment rights. Obviously you are above us because you didn't make a mistake 20 years ago. Keep in mind that some of the people here had the ability to purchase firearms legally from FFLs for years because we were "Pardoned", but a month later we are put in the position of potentially running aloft of federal firearms possession after we went through them to purchase the firearm.

Personally, when I was in my 20s I was convicted for Possession. There are a lot of people on this forum who look at it as a competition you against me. I wish you know ill will. I hope you, and no member of your family ever has to deal with a situation like this. Right now although we as in 1x offenders who were Pardoned as it relates to 14:95.1 are in a fight for our 2A rights you are not, but don't get complacent. One day it will be yours. In my opinion its better to help the other guy fight the fire at his house then to wait until it spreads to mine. Please do not get me confused with a murder or a rapist. That is not what I am nor will I ever be.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana

You guys on this board (the entire membership) better think hard about who you are selling guns to on this site with the apparent horde of felons amongst us looking to buy guns.[/

I have never victimized anyone. That is a misconception. You are brainwashed by your bureaucracy. Dude are you in the right place? Don't you belong in the Brady Campaign's forums or Bloomberg's MDAAGV. You consider people who received a pardon a felon? Do you even know what pardoned means? As I read this pocket Constitution it makes no mention of "Felon" with regards to the 2nd Amendment. What you are missing is prior to May/June 2014 we were able to purchase firearms through FFLs legally receiving a "Proceed" via NICS check.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana

Obviously this guy is a jerk. Scary this is the type of individual that they are allowing in law enforcement. You can't explain why you were speeding to a cop who has dribble coming down his lip. You don't want felons to have guns cool that's your right, but do you seriously need to try and belittle us for discussing our situations? We are all here; out in the open discussing our 14:95:1 situations. Just like I can look thorough your history to see everything you have posted others can see what we have. Nobody wants your freaking guns.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana

No victim here. Am I good? Just partied a little too hard when I was in college....the first time(lol). No murders, no rapes, no fights, no date rapes, no robberies so on and so fourth.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    No victim here. Am I good? Just partied a little too hard when I was in college....the first time(lol). No murders, no rapes, no fights, no date rapes, no robberies so on and so fourth.

So you used cocaine in college?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    George W Bush also did coke. He would be a felon if he was not a member of the Bush family.

I drink once a week or more, so I would have been a felon during Prohibition. If guns are banned while I am still alive, then I will become a felon.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Some people can't get certain jobs due to bad credit. Everything you do may have a consequence. Like it or not that is the way it is.

My dad was a Cop, LEO, whatever term you prefer. I was always versed on how simple actions can escalate into '********' you were not expecting or wanting to be a part of. Some people don't get caught, some do. It was a bitch being a cops kid in the neighborhood I lived in and he worked 2 jurisdictions away. But as I got older it payed off, in the way I thought. I was usually the first one to spot the red flags in a developing situation. Not being there is a big part of it. 'There' being where the problem was. I was usually the first to say "let's go" as a preemptive tactic.

Simple things like not letting a weedhead ride with me meant I didn't have some problems people I know did.

There is a difference in you messing up your rights and your rights being threatened. In one you can know what the deal is going in.

Last edited:

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Nolafelon,

Have you tried to apply for a UPIN?

If you are pardoned, you supposedly will be granted one.

OMG that was a good one. Ha Ha ha. Wew see what you did there. Nolafelon. Cool, but obviously you lack the intellect to understand this situation. You just want to troll, and unfortunately I do not feed trolls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom