Louisiana moves to online Concealed Carry Permit Applications

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Only issue is fingerprints, still need to go in or send them in... got mine started, but need to find a local pd that will send them in. .. Any details on the process now that you don't send in the whole application?

You still mail your print cards in . The PD will not do it for you. The other option s to go to LSP and have it done there. They have a cover sheet as part of the online application process for you to send in with the prints.
    This is correct. The LSP headquarters is the only location to have electronic prints submitted to IAFIS.

david mitchell

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    near mandeville
    Bearco,
    I found that you have a renewal scheduled 7/16/14 1:00-4:30. I would like to attend. Are new finger prints required for the renewal?
    I also tried to use the new site for renewal but after many attempts it responded with" check entered data"

Last edited:

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Bearco,
    I found that you have a renewal scheduled 7/16/14 1:00-4:30. I would like to attend. Are new finger prints required for the renewal?
    I also tried to use the new site for renewal but after many attempts it responded with" check entered data"
    When you have a chance, give us us a call. 985.892.4119

As posted, no fingerprints on renewal.

david mitchell

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    near mandeville
    Any else having trouble using this link? I have tried for several days and after data entry I click regester and screen comes up "verify data". I just called customer service and they told me to use a hard copy.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Any else having trouble using this link? I have tried for several days and after data entry I click regester and screen comes up "verify data". I just called customer service and they told me to use a hard copy.
    What internet browser are you using? If not, Internet Explorer, then try using it for registering. I have tested it with Chrome successfully. If using IE, reset the settings and be sure to place a tic mark in "delete personal settings." This solves plenty of IE issues. You will not lose favorites, but it will clear settings, cache, cookies (saved passwords), etc. Be sure to restart, then retry.

TAEDISON

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Just did mine on Friday, Right after my Renewal training. Had to be the most easiest system to navigate. Im glad, As I had sending that suff in the mail and then getting lost. As I live in N.O. And I know how the post office is.

johnnyastro22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    I suggest you find a one stop shop course, my wife and I went to On Target, where they're prepared to handle the finger prints and "paper work".

Then if you fire off the e-form you'll probably understand that it was created to make if easier for them to process the form rather than for the convenience of the applicant.

Of course the final result will please most of us we just want to get the permit and protect the people we love.

david mitchell

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    near mandeville
    Finally gave up on the online, I think it was unusual DL number after many attempts, I mail it in. Just got it back with a renewal date of 7.31.14. Does this preclude me from using it for immediate purchases??

brooksmd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bush, LA
    Finally gave up on the online, I think it was unusual DL number after many attempts, I mail it in. Just got it back with a renewal date of 7.31.14. Does this preclude me from using it for immediate purchases??

The law was passed but it was my understanding the Feds had to approve it before CCW can be used to purchase firearms.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    This is correct. The LSP headquarters is the only location to have electronic prints submitted to IAFIS.

Just did this last Friday it took a little longer waiting than I would have liked but I the people were nice and hopefully my lifetime CCW permit :D will be processed quickly.

GlockLove

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Good morning all :)

I thought it would be helpful to have someone filling out the application seeking a new permit report back with their experience.

I had taken all of the steps needed to process mine via the old mail in process, then accidentally stumbled across the online site. I decided to submit my application online.

About me - a very long history of addresses (probably 12 in the last 15 years) and not a resident of LA for more than 15 years. Only been here 5 years. Also been divorced, currently married.

I submitted all documents and information on August 3rd (Sunday), dropped my prints in the mail on Monday afternoon and received my acceptance email on Friday, August 8th. I paid immediately (within 10 minutes of receiving the email, probably around noon on Friday the 8th) and will report back on the date I receive my permit in the mail. I was hoping to have a much better turnaround then what I expected with the mail in processing time and it appears that will be the case.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom