Louisiana No Tresspassing sign laws?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I was wondering if anyone knows the current Louisiana requirements for posting "no tresspassing" signs on private land? I ask because the insurance company wants us to post signs at the family farm for liabilty reasons. I remember reading the law was revised on this a few years ago, but can't seem to find any details, every google search I find comes up with criminal tresspass laws, but no details on what I am looking for. I am not looking forward to putting up the signs, I am sure it will be a multi day multi person project, the property is just under 400 acres, I have walked the fence line before, and it can be done in about 4 or 5 hours, stopping to put up signs ever X feet will be time consuming and probably costly..

thanks

autogateman

Access denied
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    maurepas la
    That's true, you don't need them anymore. The new law basically says if you don't own the land, and you're on it without written permission IN HAND, you are trespassing.

Rod

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I was wondering if anyone knows the current Louisiana requirements for posting "no tresspassing" signs on private land? I ask because the insurance company wants us to post signs at the family farm for liabilty reasons. I remember reading the law was revised on this a few years ago, but can't seem to find any details, every google search I find comes up with criminal tresspass laws, but no details on what I am looking for. I am not looking forward to putting up the signs, I am sure it will be a multi day multi person project, the property is just under 400 acres, I have walked the fence line before, and it can be done in about 4 or 5 hours, stopping to put up signs ever X feet will be time consuming and probably costly..

thanks

and tresapassing IIRC relieves you of a lot of civil liability, iirc.

madwabbit is an attorney, or implies he is. he can clear this up

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    My humble opinion, doesn't matter what the law says. Insurance company wants signs. You have two options, put up signs or find another insurance company.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom