Lousiana Sportsman credible?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RepJackMason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2022
    Mississippi
    I've been looking at classifieds on Louisiana Sportsman and I'm not sure if it's credible. It seems to have a lot of scams but also some actual listings. Anyone have any experience with Louisiana Sportsman?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You just have to be very wary about who you are dealing with. Look at the account name and see how long they have been a member. Anyone after 2020 is suspect. Do a search for "scam" and there will be a bunch of warnings posts with scammer usernames. I have still made several deals in the past few years with guys. And anyone asking for $ other than a ftf transaction are scammers.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I've been looking at classifieds on Louisiana Sportsman and I'm not sure if it's credible. It seems to have a lot of scams but also some actual listings. Anyone have any experience with Louisiana Sportsman?
    And if your profile location is correct you are already gonna be at a disadvantage being you are located in Mississippi trying to buy guns from Louisiana unless you are doing ffl transfers ect

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Anyone who refuses to speak to you on the phone, asks for money to be sent, refuses to meet in person, or wants to ship in the same city or state, is a scammer.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    As long as you follow the idea that the deal is too good to be true, it’s not true; you shouldn’t get scammed. Still plenty of real people on there actually selling stuff. Just don’t waste your time on texting a non local number over a $300 G19x with an RMR and X300.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Good deals to be had but you gotta be smart about it. Talk on the phone and meeting in person is a must. $1000 guns for $500.... Ya okay... Keep on scrolling.

If you look through it all enough you'll see the pattern of who/what are the scams.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    You can get some good deals there if you're smart and lucky, but there are lots of scams too.

The thing that bothers me is all
    of the Designer Drug material being sold by Chinese distributors, some of it is unregulated, and almost all
    of it is potentially deadly or permanently mind degrading.

Domincdecoco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2023
    Northshore
    Ive got like 5 ads places on there right now..guns, boat, generator..not nearly as many scams as in years past.
    lots of good ol boys lowballin though!!!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I never see any actual deals on LAS. Every time I look it’s the typical scam or the guy trying to sell a $500 gun for $1,000 because he bought an extra magazine and amazon red dot for it.

For me personally it just seems like too much of a lost cause to bother with.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    All Louisiana citizens should pull all legit adds and boycott the site until the administrators clean it up.
    A call to them falls on deaf ears. It's been done before
    They have posted a response on the site that marketplace adds are not their responsibility That's bullsheeeet ! :redfinger:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I never see any actual deals on LAS. Every time I look it’s the typical scam or the guy trying to sell a $500 gun for $1,000 because he bought an extra magazine and amazon red dot for it.

For me personally it just seems like too much of a lost cause to bother with.

Kinda funny exactly what I described started popping up here . $850 for a Glock because it comes with a blue Amazon laser and extendo!!! Only 150 rounds though it too. Don’t mind the slide that looks like it’s been slid across cement a half dozen times.

Don’t forget to check out the $2,200 Aero AR that comes spray painted brown with DD furniture. It’s just as good as the rest if not better.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I've actually made a lot of transactions through craigslist over the years and not one bad one comes to mind. LA sportsman on the other hand is pure garbage.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    The gun section is rampant with scams right now. Be wary of any non local area codes. The latest crap there is a bunch of chemicals/drugs/supplements from China. After a while you can figure out whose legit. Doing that means you gotta spend a lot of time looking at stuff there. As said there are some good and fair deals to be had. It just takes patience to sift through the BS.

Top Bottom