LPK preference?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Again with the non-answer. What company name goes at the top of the invoice? What name brands were you maligning in the initial post you made claiming they used sub standard parts?

i'm going to ASSume the Florida company he mentioned is Spike's Tactical. i don't know many companies in florida besides Knight's and Spike's, but i'm sure there are a lot more.

I have personally never had an issue with Spikes tactical, and I don't know where they source their parts. I sure don't like the way they introduced the DIY lowers on the market, but I have done well with my Spikes tactical merchandise.

I don't know how else to say the parts are US made mil-spec and the name brand of the trigger is ALG Defense. The parts don't have a name brand, they are from a machine shop that make OEM parts, I would be the OEM, so they are my parts. Just for speed of production they will be unbranded the first go around.

I should have pricing, pictures and parts in the store sometime next week, anyone is welcome to come look at a kit and check them out for themselves.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have a very limited understanding of DoD supplying(next to none), but I thought the only two people selling the DoD AR parts were colt and FN. Am I wrong about this?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have a very limited understanding of DoD supplying(next to none), but I thought the only two people selling the DoD AR parts were colt and FN. Am I wrong about this?

They make some parts in house, and buy others, made to a spec.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't know how else to say the parts are US made mil-spec and the name brand of the trigger is ALG Defense. The parts don't have a name brand, they are from a machine shop that make OEM parts, I would be the OEM, so they are my parts. Just for speed of production they will be unbranded the first go around.
    Can't tell if trolling or just obtuse in a mentally undeveloped manner. It's ok if your getting your parts from Billy Bob's Auto Mechanic, Donut and Silencer Shop. I'm sure he's a legit DoD supplier.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    They make some parts in house, and buy others, made to a spec.

I guess it wouldn't make sense for them to make small parts like detent springs in house, that would probably be better sourced to a company who does nothing but springs. If they aren't making their own and they buy those from somewhere else, what is the issue with saying it is __________ who is also the current supplier for _______?

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Good lord, man. Just come out and say who makes the parts already. You want people to buy these LPK's from you but you won't tell them where the parts come from. The fact is, I don't think anybody really cares whether they're made by Colt, FN, China, or freaking Santa Claus' elves. The problem is that people don't like being lied to or treated disingenuously. Unless it's some big trade secret because you somehow got a magical contract that nobody else can, just come out with it.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Good lord, man. Just come out and say who makes the parts already. You want people to buy these LPK's from you but you won't tell them where the parts come from. The fact is, I don't think anybody really cares whether they're made by Colt, FN, China, or freaking Santa Claus' elves. The problem is that people don't like being lied to or treated disingenuously. Unless it's some big trade secret because you somehow got a magical contract that nobody else can, just come out with it.
    if after all of this he claims an NDA prevents sharing that, I have to call bs. He doesn't want people to know for his own reasons, is how it looks, and i'll for one pass. No reason for good reputations to be hidden or skirted around like this.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    So I am using ALG Defense Triggers... it is one of the best names for single stage AR triggers. Why would I use anything other than a quality made part for the rest of the kit?

Yes I have my reasons for not naming the supplier on an open forum, they are an OEM and even with the name you can't find anything about them without an 07 FFL anyway. They don't market ANYTHING directly to to public or non manufactures, one reason I chose them.

I can disclose who they are, I can't disclose who they make parts for, simply because they wish for me not to. It is in the contract, but I doubt I would get in any legal trouble for saying they supply parts to XYZ.

The name of these companies don't even get mentioned in Private FFL groups. Let me know if you can find another 07 posting who supplies their parts? Heck, even I don't know who makes the Detents and Detent springs, but apparently there are only two facilities in the US pushing out the majority of them, with a couple in Mexico and some in the pacific rim importing parts.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I can disclose who they are, I can't disclose who they make parts for, simply because they wish for me not to. It is in the contract, but I doubt I would get in any legal trouble for saying they supply parts to XYZ.

So who are they? Doesn't matter who they make parts for.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The name of these companies don't even get mentioned in Private FFL groups. Let me know if you can find another 07 posting who supplies their parts? Heck, even I don't know who makes the Detents and Detent springs, but apparently there are only two facilities in the US pushing out the majority of them, with a couple in Mexico and some in the pacific rim importing parts.

This info is simply untrue. I would assume the Machine Shop manufacturing the parts is in the buisness of making money so having a name to secret to be mentioned would seem silly.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    It's simple; you said you had magic beans that were better than other people's magic beans. We asked what other people, you wouldn't answer. We asked what was special about your beans, again you were vague and again evasive. Don't claim to have something better and then not be able to quantify what better means.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom