LSU Gets Gunner Kiel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigertaylor1

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Houma, LA
    I'm hoping we pull in Landon Collins and Avery Johnson (Patrick Peterson's brother) too....

Avery has been committed to the Tigers for a while now. He's taken other visits but he's all LSU. LC will be a Tiger, just a matter of time. His girlfriend is the only thing standing in the way. In the end he'll be wearing the Purple n Gold. If he picks the gumps well then he's Tigerbait. I just can't understand why anyone would want to play for that uptight prick rather than Miles.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I just can't understand why anyone would want to play for that uptight prick rather than Miles.

B/c that prick has TWO Ship Rings from two different teams and is looking for #3 this season.

Either LSU or Saban will have the right to claim Dynasty Jan. 9th. IMO their the only two teams I'd be looking forward to playing for if I could.

Then again depth chart is always something you have to look at when moving from HS to College. It can burry you.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Then again depth chart is always something you have to look at when moving from HS to College. It can burry you.
    Thats a good point . Then , there's also that little " loyalty " thing that Miles seems to have a problem with . Ask Jarrett Lee about that .

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Thats a good point . Then , there's also that little " loyalty " thing that Miles seems to have a problem with . Ask Jarrett Lee about that .

:deadhorse:

But I do agree...Miles did the right thing pulling Lee in the Bama game, but then he figuratively slapped Lee in the face by benching him after that....

And this is what's going to hurt LSU when it comes to recruiting running backs...Good thing Johnson's a receiver and Collins is a Safety...With Randle and Sheppard reaching the end of their college careers and losing Taylor and Brooks to graduation, not too mention the high likelyhood that Claiborne will declare himself draft eligible in the spring, Johnson and Collins both could be called to step-in early

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    but then he figuratively slapped Lee in the face by benching him after that....
    not too mention the high likelyhood that Claiborne will declare himself draft eligible in the spring,

You don't listen to TigerTalk either and you call yourself Tiger Fans!?!?! :p
    & Mo has already done his draft paperwork.

No , I don't listen to any sports talk radio . I'm looking at it from the viewpoint of any 18-19 year old kid that wants to play ball .

You guys could definitely benefit from listening to TigerTalk Radio. It's on every Monday from 4-6 p.m on 96.9 fm across the state. You can Google what other radio stations down there have it.

On that show they give IN DEPTH INSIDER information away. With Interviews weekly from (ESPN)Mark Schlabach of Tigerbait.com and Bayou Bengals insider Owner/Publisher - Derek Ponamsky

This show takes ALL the guess work out of wondering what’s going on inside the LSU program to include all other LSU Sports.

#1- Now to expound on Lee. Lee was benched against Bama b/c of the INT’s of course. However due to his academics was also benched a few times after that. He failed a couple test and did not turn in a project at all for final grades. As the ‘quote’ leader of the team (QB) this was unacceptable. School work has to come first so until he picked all that back up he wasn’t going to get to play much.

#2- He who works hardest plays most. This is a well known fact in LSU practice. Ask Ford, he learned the hard way., same with Ware. If you slack in practice you’ll play less. It’s that simple. It’s a way to keep those who want it the most on the field. Lee wasn’t showing the drive.

#3- Lee is indeed a decent QB, but he is NOT overall better than Jordan Jefferson. That’s the simple truth. The better QB is starting right now so I have no issues with who is our QB. LSU offense is producing more yards and explosiveness since JJ took over full time.

#4- JJ is the true leader of the team over Lee. How many times has Lee EVER led the Chant, or the pre-game and half-time Moto Circle?? Anyone?? Never! I’ve seen TM7, Eric Ried, Brooks doing it, but never Lee. JJ has been leading that chant too for YEARS now. He clicks with the players, he can motivate them and does so on and off the field.

The above is not exclusively my opinion. Its eye witness reports from insiders of the program. It’s what they make note of on/off the field.

NOW; Lee’s time against UGA is a little funky. According to some coaches he was supposed to go in for the entire 4th Qtr. There have been many reasons said why he didn’t.

Also Lee’s attitude is NOTHING like that of the fans that rally for him. It’s MUCH more positive.

So again, you guys could benefit GREATLY from TigerTalk. I know I do and you can always call in at anytime and ask what you want.

I've listen to them all season and it's help me to keep from spreading rumors and knowing the whole truth about the in's and outs of the program.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you don't have them already, buy some shades guys- the future looks BRIGHT.

I found this encouraging, as well:

His skill set may be special, but even more of a rarity has been Kiel's attitude and his approach to recruiting. In a time where recruits revel in their celebrity status and Tweet and Facebook with fans, sometimes with questionable results, this is one prospect who has abstained from that.

Past No. 1 quarterbacks like Jimmy Clausen have arrived to their announcements in stretch hummers. Terrelle Pryor took his decision past Signing Day and announced on national television. Kiel has done very few interviews and throughout his senior season, regularly put the focus on his team, a team he took to the state semifinals.

Make no mistake- this kid's a hoss. Of course he has a long way to go and a lot to learn, but Rivals says the QB he reminds them the most of is.....Peyton Manning. :eek5:

Let's hope they are correct!

935203.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    but in the highlights you can see he Runs very well. NOTHING like Lanky Manning :rofl:

Good point!:rofl:

I was pretty excited about this class already- getting this guy is a really great catch for Les & Co. I thought he was Notre Dame's to lose....Guess he doesn't think going 8-4/9-3 tops every year is all that great- even with all the trumped up media hype. :dogkeke:

Now if they get Collins, man oh man......:eek3:

Things are falling into place for some real happy times at LSU....:bravo:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Good point!:rofl:

I was pretty excited about this class already- getting this guy is a really great catch for Les & Co. I thought he was Notre Dame's to lose....Guess he doesn't think going 8-4/9-3 tops every year is all that great- even with all the trumped up media hype. :dogkeke:

Now if they get Collins, man oh man......:eek3:

Things are falling into place for some real happy times at LSU....:bravo:

Well to tell you the truth I'm just as pumped to see Rivers sling it but depending on Zach's Talent, Kiel could take the starting job in 2013 and start for the next 3 years. Of course Red Shirting could change everything.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well to tell you the truth I'm just as pumped to see Rivers sling it but depending on Zach's Talent, Kiel could take the starting job in 2013 and start for the next 3 years. Of course Red Shirting could change everything.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Some have speculated he (Kiel) could even be the #2 in 2012. SO much of a transition from HS to Div. one, though...we will see.

Quite a bit different from the QB famine of 2008, eh? :D

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

tigertaylor1

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Houma, LA
    B/c that prick has TWO Ship Rings from two different teams and is looking for #3 this season.

Either LSU or Saban will have the right to claim Dynasty Jan. 9th. IMO their the only two teams I'd be looking forward to playing for if I could.

Point taken. Look at the DB's we have been producing lately, Miles is a player's coach. Our players want to play for him, all you have to do is watch a gump practice and see what I'm talking about with saban, he's a miserable prick. CLM still keeps it fun somewhat and I think that translates to the play on the field, they are loose and have the "want" to be out there without worrying about suffering the repercussions of possible effing up and getting reamed for it. But hey if that's what he wants to do then so be it. LSU is bigger than one player, best of luck to him. We are not hurting for depth in the secondary. Reid will most likely go into the draft next year barring any injury to him so LC gets a good year under him and takes over starting duties in '13. We'll see how it plays out. I think he stays home but you never know these days. Watch his film, LC can also play running back, just phenomenal athlete all around.
    Hey Hit, I think you meant Mike Scarborough of Tigerbait.com in your comments earlier. I've been on that site for years now and yes they do have a lot of good info before it hits the streets.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom