LSU *WINS* 2010 Cotton Bowl over Aggies ~ 41-24

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    For game talk and news about the Cotton Bowl.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x7Bqn15YTU[/ame]

Ridley has been cleared to play;
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/news/story?id=5985686

Score Board

Team Stat Comparison

LSU / Texas A&M
    1st Downs 23 / 23
    3rd down efficiency 9-15 / 3-9
    4th down efficiency 0-0 / 1-1
    Total Yards 446 / 351
    Passing 158 / 196
    Comp-Att 10-19 / 23-36
    Yards per pass 8.3 / 5.4
    Rushing 288 / 155
    Rushing Attempts 55 / 29
    Yards per rush 5.2 / 5.3
    Penalties 4-40 / 3-25
    Turnovers 1 / 4
    Fumbles lost 0 / 1
    Interceptions thrown 1 / 3
    Possession 37:22 / 22:38

LSU Rushing
    CAR YDS AVG TD LG
    Stevan Ridley 24att / 105yds / 4.4avg / 1TD / 22 longest
    Spencer Ware 10att / 102yds / 10.2avg / 0TD / 26 longest
    Jordan Jefferson 12att / 67yds / 5.6avg / 1TD / 32 longest

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Did they ever say what got him under investigation in the first place?

It wasn't an investigation. It was an academic violation. Scary sounding I know :mamoru: However from what I’ve read he simply failed a test, maybe cheated which bought his grade down in the class below what is allowed to play sports, so in terms a violation? maybe.. The Professor reported this to the Team. Supposedly this professor is known for stirring the pot within the athletics department. The Professor supposedly took it upon himself to not simply tell the Athletics department but also sent the report straight to the NCAA. it is the NCAA that declared him ineligible and LSU had to repeal it. I believe Ripley retook the test/paper whatever and passed it therefore lifting the ineligibility off himself.

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    Thanks for the info Hitman. I guess investigation was not the best word, I could have used "review" .

I wonder if the professor caught any heat for going straight to the NCAA?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Thanks for the info Hitman. I guess investigation was not the best word, I could have used "review" .

I wonder if the professor caught any heat for going straight to the NCAA?

No that's the exact word they'd like you to use. Sounds very official and bad :mamoru:

Not sure about the Professor though, I heard that on Tiger Radio haven't heard much since then.

03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It wasn't an investigation. It was an academic violation. Scary sounding I know :mamoru: However from what I’ve read he simply failed a test, maybe cheated which bought his grade down in the class below what is allowed to play sports, so in terms a violation? maybe.. The Professor reported this to the Team. Supposedly this professor is known for stirring the pot within the athletics department. The Professor supposedly took it upon himself to not simply tell the Athletics department but also sent the report straight to the NCAA. it is the NCAA that declared him ineligible and LSU had to repeal it. I believe Ripley retook the test/paper whatever and passed it therefore lifting the ineligibility off himself.

I wish I could just retake a test if I failed

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Some of you probably don't remember when LSU and Texas A&M use to play in regular season play. Use to go to those games ,the marching band wore military type uniforms. Will be interesting to see it they still wear those.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Should be a great game. Just glad I'm off on Friday night so I can watch it! Gotta miss the Saints game Sat. night though, but will be listening to it at work.

RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Some of you probably don't remember when LSU and Texas A&M use to play in regular season play. Use to go to those games ,the marching band wore military type uniforms. Will be interesting to see it they still wear those.

They sure do :D

Aggie_Band_A_M_band.350w_263h.jpg

Last edited:

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I worked last night for the Sugar Bowl, I work Friday night for the LSU game, Saturday for the Saints, and for the Superbowl AGAIN. My work schedule sucks!

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    A lot of people speculated that he would leave last time....In the article, Jones is also speculating that Malzhan would replace Miles....Malzhan is not going to leave Auburn right now, esp not to jump into the hot seat that is the HC position at LSU....He just turned down a reported 3 mill a year deal to be HC at Vandie...Gus Malzahn Staying at Auburn

Miles has already stated in his most recent press conference that he has had no contact from Michigan...LSU's Miles focused on Cotton, no Michigan contact

You want to hear scary? If Miles does leave, Crowton, since he is offensive coordinator, will more than likely be named interim head coach until a permanent replacement is found.

Some of those fair weather, band-wagon riding LSU fans should be careful of what they ask for....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom