M&P 9 magazine desperation has set in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I have finally succumbed to my desperation for a couple of the elusive M&P 9 mm magazines. After being on a back order list at Streichers since February, I ordered 2 ProMags from Cabela's site. Price came to <$60 including shipping. So far, all of the reviews that I have seen for the ProMags for the M&P have been positive. Hope I luck out and will keep y'all posted on how they perform. I just cannot see spending over $60 for used mags and $100 for new factory mags. Still keeping the 3 factory mags on back order, though. They were ordered at the $25ea. price.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, I saw that.

Been thinking about selling my used mags, but I'd want $50 or better for it, because **** if I know when I'll be able to replace them >:| But I'm on personal sequestration with shooting, so I can spare them for now.

But holy ****, I just spent 10 mins or so googling around my resources and new ones are hard to find.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I'm not too panicked, just frustrated. Since the ProMags are being sold at a decent price, I decided to go ahead and try them. I am still going to wait for the factory Mags. I absolutely refuse to pay the extortion rates being charged on some sites like GunBroker and 44mag. It's not like I don't have spare mags, I just like to have about 6 or more for each gun.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I hear ya. I have four right now and would like to have a min of 5. No way in hell I'm paying the ASS-inine prices some are asking. Just waiting for the supply to catch up to the demand.

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    Call Jim's Firearms in Baton Rouge. I picked up a couple M&P 9 17rd mags there on Sunday for around $40. The guy said they have 50 or so in the back.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I'll let you know how the ProMags work out. They are just south of $25 at Cabela's and backorderable. They said that they are expected to ship out by the 21st.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Thanks man, way better the a price I saw advertised here.

Even Midway is hit or miss with having them in stock. If you need em quit messing around and order them now. ;)

I don't think any price should be considered low/normal/high yet given given the still low supply and high demand.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Even Midway is hit or miss with having them in stock. If you need em quit messing around and order them now. ;)

I don't think any price should be considered low/normal/high yet given given the still low supply and high demand.

I ordered a couple myself....

& for what it's worth, always....ALWAYS sign up for product notifications when and where you can. Getting a text alert on your phone is the difference (lately) between "wanting" and "having". And be patient!!!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I'm not too panicked, just frustrated. Since the ProMags are being sold at a decent price, I decided to go ahead and try them. I am still going to wait for the factory Mags. I absolutely refuse to pay the extortion rates being charged on some sites like GunBroker and 44mag. It's not like I don't have spare mags, I just like to have about 6 or more for each gun.

$1 for a pro mag is not a decent price!

Must second VG. Im using Glock brand mags I paid as little as $12 per for.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    $1 for a pro mag is not a decent price!

Must second VG. Im using Glock brand mags I paid as little as $12 per for.

I've gotten in the Pro-mags. One looks fine, but I think that I am going to have to adjust the feed lips on the other. Pro-mags are definitely a gamble on quality control. I guess they will make decent backup range mags after I fix the one. Can't wait for my factory mags to come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom