M&P9 Looking for opinion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flatsman007

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    St.Rose
    First I would like to say Hello Everyone. I am a new member and man am I glad to have found this site. That said:

I just bought a M&P 9. I was wondering how everyone else likes theirs? I am going to the range to shoot it today for the first time. I have owned a USP, Glock 26, Browning Hi Power, and several others. It appears to be a sweet gun of good quality. Just looking for some feedback.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Welcome aboard. You have a nice gun in the M&P and it will be following behind some quality guns as well. Good shooting.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Awesome gun, trigger is a lil unforgiven when you first get it but its easy to fix, Ive shoot about 200 Rnds through a buddys M&P Pro and it gave me the itch to buy one but I'm trying to get some new reloading equipment so cant afford it at the moment, great gun though.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Great guns! There are some things you can do to improve them, but I'd say put some rounds through it first and see how it feels. Some people don't "need" to change anything.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    First I would like to say Hello Everyone. I am a new member and man am I glad to have found this site. That said:

I just bought a M&P 9. I was wondering how everyone else likes theirs? I am going to the range to shoot it today for the first time. I have owned a USP, Glock 26, Browning Hi Power, and several others. It appears to be a sweet gun of good quality. Just looking for some feedback.
    It's one helluva pistol. I adore it. It's probably the second most ergonomic pistol out and is soft in recoil and has a decent trigger. A company called Apex Tactical makes a drop in sear and firing pin block that makes the pistol that much nicer. Install a Massachussetts-compliant (or Apex's Carry Trigger Return Spring) trigger return spring and it's about as nice as one can get in a polymer pistol.

I would not/do not hesitate to purchase or recommend one.

I have recently fallen in love with Glock's Model 17 Gen IV with NY1/3.5# connector, however.

Last edited:

TonyT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    While I do shoot Glock's and 1911's I prefer the ergonomics of the S&W 99 or S&W M&P. I shoot a S&W 99 in IDPA and a S&W M&P9PRO in USPSA. Both are great guns.

Top Bottom