??? M4 Garand ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA. / Mobile, AL.
    Hello everyone,

I recently lost a family member who left all of his guns to my brother and I. I chose not to snoop around looking at any of the guns the day of the funeral out of respect to the rest of the family members. I did however get an email today with the inventory of the above mentioned guns. Included on the inventory sheet was one listed as " Military issue / Manufacturer unknown / M4 Garand". I am not an expert on these type rifles, but felt I could get some feedback on here before I go pick these guns up this weekend. I searched Auction Arms and only came up with the standard M1. Please reply if you have ever heard of such a rifle. Thanks in advance for any comments you might add.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Military Garand

I have never heard of an M4 Garand but I'm interested in purchase of it if in fact it is an M1 Garand. :)

webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    I have never heard of that either, just thought I would put it out there for review. I am sure you could dig up quite a bit of dumb things I have done in the past, but selling guns is not one of them. Thanks for the reply.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Just post pictures if you can, but it sounds like an M1 Garand. Actually, it has to be, unless the person writing the email is very unfamiliar with firearms.

webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Thanks for your comments. I will probably make the trip this weekend to pick up all of the guns. When I get back I will post pics of any that I am not familiar with. From the looks of the inventory list I am all of the sudden in the market for another safe. I may be in the running for king of the "safe queens" award.:confused:

tea333

Dysfunctional Vet
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Now there is an M4 Carbine. The so-called Officer's Carbine. This weapon took a straight necked .30 cal. round, was clip fed and came in either semi and full auto.

Top Bottom