M855 Ammo Ban - Done Deal? See Article

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    That's funny!
    After they succeed in clearing the shelves they say, "Uhh, nevermind."
    The World's greatest gun/ammo salesman strikes again. :D

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I've never used it, but I guess I'll start shooting it to try it out. I've never found it to be a better deal than the 55gr 5.56, maybe I've not been paying good attention

I was referring to people not looking at the rights issue & gun control issue. I am not saying M855 is good or bad. Substitute .50 cal, .22lr or whatever in place of M855 because that may be next.

As Gator has in his post: "at this time." because we will be seeing this play out over and over.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Sometimes I really want to get onto the ammo selling business. Seems like the past few years have been awesome for ammo sales.

Need to find a big warehouse, and hope radical democrats keep getting elected.

TTNKountze

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    The US Supreme Court issued an opinion yesterday, Perez v. Mortgage Bankers Association that reverses a nearly two decade old ruling from the DC Circuit that required administrative agencies go through the notice and comment process BATFE was using with this ban. The Perez case stands for the premise that interpretations of administrative rules do not have to go through the notice and comment process and can simply be issued. Don't count this ban out yet.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Current events... I try not to read into them too much. I've considered that all this back and forth is just rhetoric to throw the public off for a minute. Maybe the buying will slow and all the current stock won't wind up "on the street" before they up and decide that it is forever banned. Whatever the case, 855 is almost exclusively what I've bought for my ARs over the past 20+ years because I do find it to be more accurate in my ARs which are all barreled with 1:7 or 1:8 twist rates. But the bulk of what I currently shoot cost me 16 cents per round years ago, when it was actually cheaper than 193.
    It's a personal choice I guess. I have done my best to fight for the right to continue to buy and own it, as I will do with every liberty we have left.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The legality of that round has always been "for now." In a few days or weeks, those of us who did not panic buy can stock up for as little as .33 a round(ZQ1 30 round box for 9.97 at Walmart.)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dusty84
    Top Bottom