Mac bookers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I have a macbookpro, aluminium case. Now maybe it's me. Spec tells me all the time I'm wired assbackwards but I swear every time I lightly brush the backs of my hands next to my finger pad, I get mild tingling sensations up my arm. If I put any sort of pressure against the laptop it won't happen, only when it's very very light contact.

If you ever stuck your tongue to the end of a nine volt, it's almost like that but not quite as shocky.

Anybody ever experience something like that with a metal encased laptop? It could be tactile sensation, small hairs brushing against the metal but it doesn't happen all the time.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm crazy.

RobFMJ

Texan Transplant
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Houma, LA
    My old MBP did the same thing, switching the plug on the charger from the two-prong, flip-up one to the grounded, three-prong one made that go away. Think I might have a spare I can give ya if you don't have yours anymore.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    we have three aluminum-cased MBP's; two 13's and a 15 and I've never had anything like that happen.

is it only w/the charger plugged in or all the time?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    my guess is your ground to your power your using is bad or not real good..

I suggest getting a true three prong grounded and protected type surge protector to check to see if it goes away..

it cant be good for the pc either.. or eh mac..

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    It's a bioscanner app. It's checking if your organs are match for Jobs. You don't think his being in ill heath and these electrical pulses are coincidence?

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I believe Sam is right, it's for Jobs. But I have a macbook pro and it's never happened to me. I agree with the above comments, try 3 prong grounded.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I have never experienced that with ours but I have changed the glass on it twice so if you ever break yours, let me know and I'll give you some tips. Changed it out both times for the price of the glass ($100).

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a macbookpro, aluminium case. Now maybe it's me. Spec tells me all the time I'm wired assbackwards but I swear every time I lightly brush the backs of my hands next to my finger pad, I get mild tingling sensations up my arm. If I put any sort of pressure against the laptop it won't happen, only when it's very very light contact.

If you ever stuck your tongue to the end of a nine volt, it's almost like that but not quite as shocky.

Anybody ever experience something like that with a metal encased laptop? It could be tactile sensation, small hairs brushing against the metal but it doesn't happen all the time.

On a 120V home appliance if it does that you yank the plug and turn it 180 degrees. Doesn't happen so much in a world where almost everything is three prong or has a polarized plug, unless the receptacle is wired backwards. Theoretically it should not do that going through the transformer but you might try it.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA

I have had this happen. Add the 3 prong component to the adapter see if that stops it....

I have had several issues with my macbook and macbook pro adapters including one that started smoking.....

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Yup need a 3 pronged plug in, and tell Spec to rewire your outlet with a ground!

May have to! I've been thinking about this a lot since the topic came up.

About a year ago, our normal electrician discovered a live exposed wire in one of my seldom used kitchen cabinets. Now I love Joe. He's fantastic. But he didn't wire the great majority of our house when it was built. When he found it, he asked if "Paul" was the one that was around for a couple days doing most of the work. I answered that yes, he was. Joe grunted, fixed my exposed wire and said that's why "Paul" isn't employed with them anymore.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom