Magnaport S&W 686

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Messing with a friends ported Taurus got me thinking that I didn't have any ported guns of my own. So today I shipped my 686 to Magnaport in Michigan to have the two port job done on the gun at a cost of $95 plus shipping. They use a electrical current to cut the ports and its supposed to be very sharp looking as its free of any tool marks. I originally went to the UPS store since I was just shipping the frame minus the cylinder. They told me it was against the law for them to ship any type of firearms or firearms part and that I could only ship from the UPS Hub located in Port Allen. At the Hub they allowed me to ship ground for 10 bucks, since the cylinder wasn't in the gun.

Anyway, I'll post picks when it returns and comment after I run some different rounds through it at the range. And no I'm not really worried about messing with the value of this gun as I'll never get rid of it. :)

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Have several M-P guns. It makes a difference in recoil when shooting hot 357's and 44 mags but not so much with 38 specials. Looks way cool anyway (IMHO). Gotta shoot some hot 357's at night to really appreciate the fireworks. Enjoy.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Had my ruger super blackhawk done. 4 ports on the 7 3/8 barrel and made a difference. The only thing was the 240gr did not shoot as good after I got it back but the 200gr is the tack driver now.

Top Bottom