magpul bad lever

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoss

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have one and really like it. You do not have to change grips to lock open the bolt. It is really handy for range and hunting applications. However; once you get used to it, it is very difficult to remember how to run a standard configuration AR. So if you run multiple ARs or are training, you might not want ot have one.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    However; once you get used to it, it is very difficult to remember how to run a standard configuration AR. So if you run multiple ARs or are training, you might not want ot have one.

This. I've shot ARs with them, and they are cool but it changes the manual of arms for the rifle. I don't use them just because I like to keep things stupidly simple.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I have one and really like it. You do not have to change grips to lock open the bolt. It is really handy for range and hunting applications. However; once you get used to it, it is very difficult to remember how to run a standard configuration AR. So if you run multiple ARs or are training, you might not want ot have one.

or have them on all your ar's?

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    If you get used to having it, it takes you a while to use a rifle that doesnt have one. Because I of this reason I ditched all of mine. It's all about muscle memory.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Changes the manual of arms so I won't be adopting it.

That, plus without timed evidence, I find it hard to believe it speeds up your reload very much. Your hand is still in place to slap the standard release once you seat the mag, after all.

The one big advantage I've ever identified is clearing double feeds or bolt overs. Switching hands to lock the bolt open is definitely slower, and the BAD lever lets you do it without taking your hand off fire control. If you were learning from scratch with one in place, I could definitely see using it.

Then again, I've heard things about them breaking in really bad ways-- i.e. bending and making the whole catch inoperable. I've never seen it in person, but absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence-- and I don't see a lot of serious use rifles sporting them. If you play with it some and realize just how sensitive that part is, you can certainly see how a catastrophic failure could be a real big problem, real fast.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    If you have a malfunction in a gunfight you need to be finding some cover or transitioning to a pistol. You should not be finger banging a little lever and gloating about how faster it makes you. Magic levers are best left to the 3 Gun set.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    If you have a malfunction in a gunfight you need to be finding some cover or transitioning to a pistol. You should not be finger banging a little lever and gloating about how faster it makes you. Magic levers are best left to the 3 Gun set.

What if a heated 3-gun match breaks out into a real gunfight? Your suggestions magic lever or no magic lever?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom