Man aiming rocket launcher at cars.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/26/phoenix-filmmaker-jailed-for-rocket-launcher-hoax/

I just saw the video on Fox news. What would you do if you were driving down a busy road, and saw a man wearing a sheet, head wrap, and pointing an RPG launcher at cars? If I had seen this driving in the morning he would have the length of a 3.5lb trigger pull to drop it. Heck, I might have just run him over. Pointing a RPG at me, I'd have no issue using any type of deadly force, including my truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69SZocPuexE

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    What was he thinking???

What if a veteran who actually faced one of these (or worse- been permanently injured by one) serving our country would have been driving by while he was doing this crap? I doubt they'd have thought it was amusing.

Looks like yet another great way to catch a bullet. :dunno:

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Would this be justified use of force?
    I have no law experieince but as far as my interpretation and understanding of it goes, if you feel your life was truly in danger(and lets face it , a frickin RPG pointed at you and your car kinda falls into that category:run:!!!) Id say his ass wouldve been either #1- a new stretch of blacktop on that highway or #2- He would have had a few Hydro-Shok .40 suppositories rammed up his ass at maximum velocity! :mad:

In the immortal words of Red Foreman, that guy is a DUMBASS!

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Would this be justified use of force?

Once the media gets ahold of the kid's age, the defense uses the video of him dancing/bouncing around in a bed sheet as evidence that it was "obviously" a prank, and a jury of your "peers" has put their collective (pea) brains together to come up with a verdict...

... your guess is as good as mine.

When they stick you in prison for Manslaughter, the kid's uncle is probably tried next for the same thing. Or better yet-- they give him some even lesser conviction. :rolleyes:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Yep. I bet most of us would have shot him.How many times have LEO shot people who had a cell phone or a wallet and not a gun? Would you have taken the time to figure out if the nut case on the corner in a bed sheet was pointing a real RPG at you? How many of us could even tell if it was real or not from 30' from a moving car?

I'm not surprised at the 15 minute response time though.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    What was he thinking???

What if a veteran who actually faced one of these (or worse- been permanently injured by one) serving our country would have been driving by while he was doing this crap? I doubt they'd have thought it was amusing.

Looks like yet another great way to catch a bullet. :dunno:
    He would have been shot. This was stupid.

Top Bottom