Man hit by car shoots driver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I would have shot him, as well. What other logical conclusion could you POSSIBLY come to than your life being in danger!?

That said, I suppose it's possible that his foot slipped from the brake to the gas, but really, I've been driving for about a decade, now, and I have NEVER had that happen. Ever. I can understand being shook-up and hitting the wrong pedal, maybe (never did that, either), but SLIPPING from the brake to the gas? I'm doubtful.

That said, my crystal ball is down for repairs, and I wasn't there.

Good shoot, IMO

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've had several clients hit the wrong pedal over the years. It happens, especially to seniors. Not saying I would have done anything different though.

First mistake was not calling the cops for the accident. I've had too many cases where stories change once you're away from the scene.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

You signed up just to post that?

------------------------

"He was burning out at this time. Not a love tap or ‘I forgot to take it out of gear' situation. His vehicle, I could hear his motor and his tires burning out against me," said Carey.

Man that must have HURT!

"He was burning out at this time. Not a love tap or ‘I forgot to take it out of gear' situation. His vehicle, I could hear his motor and his tires burning out against me," said Carey.

Brutal, now who is scouring the net trying to find the police report so we can find out who the gun manufacture was?

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    That said, I suppose it's possible that his foot slipped from the brake to the gas, but really, I've been driving for about a decade, now, and I have NEVER had that happen. Ever. I can understand being shook-up and hitting the wrong pedal, maybe (never did that, either), but SLIPPING from the brake to the gas? I'm doubtful.

Good shoot, IMO

I've been driving since the early 1950s, which would include parts of seven decades.

I've never had it happen either. Since my first automatic transmission car not that long ago, I brake with my left foot and accelerate with my right. That would make it less likely to happen.
    :eh:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I've had several clients hit the wrong pedal over the years. It happens, especially to seniors. Not saying I would have done anything different though.

First mistake was not calling the cops for the accident. I've had too many cases where stories change once you're away from the scene.

Yeah I know an elderly lady who drove her car completely up in a liquor store....so it does happen. She hadn't been drinking BTW but her husband did start once he saw the damage.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The foot slipping happens all the time, and often panic sets in as they see the car/building/tree they are heading for and they tense up without getting off the gas, or they slip and tap it and don't move back over to the brake before mashing harder. I've seen many a bush/car/front-window-of-a-business get clobbered in such a manner.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Chest, Jaw, Elbow.

depending on placement, these are not immediate life threatening injuries.

Of course, he's jerkin it with the strange hand, eating through a straw, and ...damn i dont have one for a chest wound. you get the idea.

Top Bottom