Mandatory inspection stickers could be eliminated

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Can't see em. Windows too dark:)

I just roll my windows down
    giphy.gif

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    My comment was not intend led as a dig against LEOs. They have to let a lot of things pass. If they wrote every infraction they observed there would be no time to address the more critical issues they face daily.
    Yeah like discussing the new hot-to-trot big teton gal that just started at the 7-11.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I'm sure they have nothing else to do but write improper equipment tickets.

Im sure if they were writing them it would be "Dont the cops have nothing else to do but write dumb tickets"

They cant win.
    Most every BIG bust that you read of starts out as a traffic stop. A few months ago a traffic stop turned into 45 pounds of marijuana. I'm aware of a stolen bicycle investigation evolving into a murder for hire investigation. You can't make the shots you don't take. You can't make the busts you don't initiate. Ridin' dirty is so prevalent that rappers sing about it.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I don't mind paying a few bucks for a inspection sticker if that means ALL cars have been inspected for safety. I mean some of the $hit boxes I see driving around my area need to be sent to the junk yard. Atlanta area has a emission sticker only, they didn't care a bit about safety and it showed! Many cars around there with no brake lights or headlights out, illegal tint etc etc...

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    .... some one paid some one else to slap a sticker on a windshield.
    Funny you said that! I used to have an old Dodge Caravan(2007) that I once paid "Leroy" outside of a convenience store $20 to do just that. That man saved me some time and money. Those poor hustlers won't be able to sell "acquired" tags anymore if this passes. LOL!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Funny you said that! I used to have an old Dodge Caravan(2007) that I once paid "Leroy" outside of a convenience store $20 to do just that. That man saved me some time and money. Those poor hustlers won't be able to sell "acquired" tags anymore if this passes. LOL!
    They still got Leroy’s out there, they every where lol… they will even install them for you for less than the Inspectors lol…

And about the inspection part.. come on be real yall your truck ain’t no safer cause they check w few bulbs, check engine light and a gas cap and window tint lol… they just getting paid to do Sombody else job

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    And about the inspection part.. come on be real yall your truck ain’t no safer cause they check w few bulbs, check engine light and a gas cap and window tint lol… they just getting paid to do Sombody else job

I was failed because of windshield wipers. But, he could replace them right here right now for the low low price of way too much.

When he turned around I grabbed my paperwork and bolted. Got it inspected elsewhere and drove on those same failed wipers for over another year!

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Once while in the office of a inspection station / glass shop waiting my turn for paperwork after the actual person who conducted the inspection had passed me.. the actual shop owner came in and said that I had failed inspection and to put a failed sticker on windshield or I could buy a new windshield that his shop sold.. Told him put on the rejection sticker but I was not buying a windshield from his business and I left...Less than one hour later had purchased a new windshield and sticker from another business........ drill sgt.

CyberSlacker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Lafayette, la
    Just wait boys, You whom have never driven in a state that doesn't enforce driving a safe vehicle on the road are in for a real treat. You're about to meet the biggest POS auto's coming down the road at you
    Gud luck with the upcoming junkers!
    Everyone knows the POS drivers have the best insurance, so no worries.

Top Bottom